New Jersey
Options

Stay away from Pricilla of Boston and Exquisite Bride

Both stores are too expensive and corupt. Pricilla has the worse service and Exquisite bride is no better. My niece was having her flower girl dress made and it was a disaster! Stay away!! and to top it off my cousin never got her dress that she paid over $6,000! The old name was Calvary Bridal in Millburn!

Re: Stay away from Pricilla of Boston and Exquisite Bride

• Options
    edited December 2011
    they were the first place i went to and i did NOT have a good experience either!! they were completely obnoxious and they scheduled my apt. about 45 before they closed.  They salesgirls - who weren't helping me- waited around and took the dresses in my fitting room that I hadn't even tried on because "they needed to close up." meanwhile it was about 5 minutes before their actual closing time!!

when i initially made the apt I specifically asked if it would be a problem if my apt was so late, and they said no they accommodate-what a lie!!!
  • Options
    Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a great experience at PoB. I found my dress and they only brought out things in my budget and they continued to allow me to try on lots of styles to help me make my choice. I got my alterations done in their alterations department I had Rena (I think thats how its spelled) and she was very attentive she put tons and tons of tie points for my bustle. She also noticed every time I tugged or moved my dress and fixed it so it stayed up all night!

I'm sorry she had a bad experience but I just wanted to point out that not all experiences there are bad!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress at Exquisite Bride. So far they have been fabulous! When I went to try on dresses they only showed me dresses that were within my budget. The dress I bought was actually the first one I tried on, I did try on about 10 in total, and then I put the two I was deciding between on again. I wasn't rushed in any way. The girls were all very helpful and pleasant. About a week after I purchased my gown they sent me a swatch of my dress...I didn't even ask them for one!

In January, I received a confirmation letter stating when my dress will be in.

I'm sorry you had such an awful experience.
  • Options
    smw42smw42 member
    edited December 2011
    As a POB bridesmaid we had some customer service issues ordering the gowns. The girls were telling us a wrong price and charged some BM's higher prices than we had been told previously. It turned out the price on the tag of the drice was "incorrect" and the price in the computer was higher. They still honored the tag price and it all got straightened out. The gowns haven't come in yet (Aug wedding) but I'm sure once they do it'll be an adventure.

Their gowns are gorgeous but you really have to be on top of them (at least for BM's) to make sure everything goes correctly. I think it also varries greatly by location as some girls went to the Ardmore, PA location and had much better experiences.
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if you guys got lucky.....but as far as me and my niece and cousins it was a disaster at Exquisite Bride.........I wish we hadn't gotten there. They try to sell you the dress and the rest is history:(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have had a great experience with PoB both in NYC and in Short Hills. I found my dress in NYC- it was the first one I tried on there. My sales girl was absolutely amazing... when she brought out my dress I kind of shrugged and she said "this is going to be yours, trust me. we will try everything else on but this is it". It was smooth sailing after I put the first dress on. I bought at Short Hills and the manager Dina has been nothing but accommodating all throughout any hiccups there have been- including my alterations being done incorrectly. All of my BMs (9) ordered their dresses at PoB and it has been a dream to work with them. My color was being discontinued and they told me with a week to go, and called each of my BMs numerous times to get their information to ensure that I would get what I wanted for them. Not everyone's experience is a bad one...
    *~allie~*

• Options
    Pink7781Pink7781 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We got the BM dresses from PoB in Short Hills and had great customer service. I did find their bridal gowns overpriced.

Edit: We did have an issue or what I thought was an issue with the BM dresses and Joanne (my salesperson) and the store manager were both completely wonderful throughout the whole process. I would highly recommend PoB in Short Hills, overall I had a wonderful experience.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I had the opposite experience at both stores.

I bought my MOH dress for my sister's wedding at POB in short hills and had no issues at all. In fact, the day I picked up the dress the woman spent extra time helping me out since my mom couldn't make it at the last minute.

I bought my wedding dress at Exquisitie bride and they treated us extremely well. I think we were there for about 1 hour and the woman was super helpful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wasnt impressed with Exquisite Bride either. The sales lady told me to basically look around and pick what I wanted. they dont have much of a selection but I still felt over whelmed! Noone asked me what my budget was and didnt even bother to ask me what style I was looking for.
  • Options
    Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

To each his own, I had a bad experience with Hollywood Bridal in Kenilworth and I know its pretty popular on here!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I know Exquisite Bride is expensive but they work with your budget and help you do payments if you have to. It may have been an off day for the person you were working with. I know many of my friends have had a wonderful experience at EB. I feel bad you had a bad experience. Wedding planning should be fun but it is also a business.

I hope you find the dress of your dreams
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Which is corrupt?  Exquisite Bride or PoB?  I've known people who have had great experiences at PoB (which I am 99% sure was not affiliated with Calvary Bridal House).  Is EB actually affiliated with Calvary Bridal House, or are you just assuming that because of the location?

Saying they're overpriced is kind of silly.  Sure the dresses are more expensive than David's Bridal but the quality is different.  Designer gowns cost more than non-designer dresses.  Is that so surprising?

And I think it is bizarre to call a reputable national chain "corrupt."  And why are both of these places "corrupt" to you?  This kind of sounds like a vendor bashing its competition.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You said in another thread that your cousin never got her dress from Calvary Bridal House and not from Exquisite Bride.  CBH is not Exquisite Bride.

Now, a new bridal shop has opened at the same location, and the owner wants to make sure people know they're not Calvary."We have nothing to do with Calvary Bridal House," said Remy Quinones, Exquisite Bride owner. "I want to make it clear because I am aware of what happened here with the brides."
  • Options
    smw42smw42 member
    edited December 2011
    Destination Bride to Be- I call vendor
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I 2nd UpperEastGirl. My sister bought her dress from Exquisite Bride and had a great experience and I am 100% sure they are NOT Calvary. I am engaged now and just think its unfair smw42.

Exquisite Bride even tried to help Enzo Brides. I heard a new bridal store is opening where Enzo was....I think its just a business decision to move right in to a bridal store that is already set up.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Destination bride & UpperEastGirl why are you getting defensive. Do you work there?! I think so!!!! Because everyone is entitled to their opinion and experiences and ours was AWFUL! Why would you care if me and my family had a bad experience. Stop writing for your store and be honest. Your right wedding planning should be fun!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You got me!  I own Exquisite Bride!  All of my posts until now (thousands, including before Exquisite Bride opened),and I didn't ever mention these places until yesterday) have been an elaborate scheme!!!

I totally call vendor on Adrianna.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards