New Jersey
Options

5/14 Wedding Review - LONG

I didn’t post a lot but found the review very helpful. Let me know if you have any questions.

I would give all my vendors A+ unless otherwise noted.

Seasons: I can’t say enough how happy I was that we choose the Seasons for our reception venue. The staff was on-point the entire night. The food was unbelievable. I have friends that have been to weddings across the state of NJ, and said that this was the best food they’ve ever had at a wedding. The bridal attendant was fantastic. Prior to the wedding, the staff was extremely helpful and courteous to our questions and changes.

RK Bridal: Some people don’t like the service, it was my style. My sales person was able to understand the style that I was looking for, made suggestions, and was very polite. I didn’t have any problems with alterations either. Were very patient with me, made tweaks until I was happy, etc. My tip would be to go during off hours (non-weekend) to get the best service and atmosphere.

Distinctive Veils and Accessories.com (B): Loved the veil, and even spoke with customer service who was very helpful but delivery was a bit off. I had to email in order to get my shipment sent on time or it would have been late. The veil, like I said, was fantastic, comb was perfect, sheerness of the veil was exactly what I wanted. Just wish I didn’t have to follow-up on delivery.

Jillyan from Skin Bar and Paint: Excellent service, understood what I asked for. Completed me, my mother, and 7 bridesmaids with plenty of time and everyone absolutely loved their results. If girls wanted more or less, Jillyan was not offended and took her time to refine each look. I went to several different artists and at the end Jillyan was the one that made me feel “pretty.”

La Sorella Bridal Hair: Mandy was fantastic. Her and her assistant did 9 heads, including me with precision and personality. People couldn’t get over how awesome my hair was. I chose to do the extra fee for prep, and was happy that I did. Mandy was well prepared and professional.

Contemporary floral design: I was so pleased with Peter’s floral arrangements. I had a vision and idea for the church, the girls, and my flowers and he came through. I wanted a floating candle set-up at our church and it was beautiful. Centerpieces  were a highlight of the reception room and my bouquet size was very appropriate for my height and build.

A Little Cake Bakery: One of the Seasons options for wedding cake vendors. I loved our cake, exactly what we asked for as delicious.

DazzlemeElegant.com: Crystal initial cake topper. Came within the specified window was high quality.

Jimmy Dee DJ out of White Plains: This is an OOT vendor for this board but my husband’s family have been using them for weddings for years and we were not let down. Vinny was our emcee and was friendly and well prepared. Our pre-wedding call made me feel like her understood what we wanted and the vibe of the party.

Christopher Lane Photography: Fantastic photography. Husband and wife team. Our bridal party loved Christopher and his wife, they made us comfortable and the pictures turned out excellent. He is very easy to talk to, friendly, and most importantly excited to be shooting our wedding. Timing was tight and Chris made the best of the situation. We’re so very pleased with our pictures.

Santos Limos: We rented the party bus and very happy we did. We had a large bridal party of 18 including us and wanted to have fun, be comfortable, and party. The driver was helpful with my dress and professional throughout the day.

Taylor Phillips Video (no rating): We don’t have the video back yet but will say that we booked Taylor’s staff very late in the game (1 week prior to the wedding) and he was accommodating.

Marriott Park Ridge (B+): The lower grade is simply for the fact that the # of shuttles needed back, despite me telling our event coordinator the number of people, was miss calculated. They had to come back for several people but really the bridal suite was great and provided extra chairs, steamer, etc upon my request.

Nonchalance bridesmaids shop: Shop was great to work with, tons of selection and shipped the dresses across the country to accommodate all of my bridesmaids.

Bliss Hoboken: Got a shellac manicure – loved the look and it stayed on all throughout the honeymoon.

Etsy Vendors: I used several vendors for more personalized details and gifts – all of which were fantastic.

JonesStreetPress  - personalized table cards. We choose places that we went to over our relationship and this shop put them together with a pic we provided. Loved, many compliments. People loved saying  I'm in Cabo, or in Baltimore, etc.

EmbroiderybyMelissa  - got hankies for all the parents that said their title MOB, MOG, etc with the wedding date.

aTwistofFateDesign  - BM presents bracelets. I was searching for a particular shade of purple and bracelet and only found something at this shop.

syl2830  - BM presents, purses. i loved these. I did purple purses with grey flower. The flower is detachable and had each BM's name embroidered by the designer in the inside. I got a matching purse for me but with a white flower, white liner that said Mrs. newlastname in the inside in light blue.

michaelangela – Dress Label with my married name initials and wedding date was sewn inside by the alterations dept, I love this keepsake. I also order hankies for me and husband from here with our wedding date.

www.etsy.com/shop/MonAmourBoutique">MonAmourBoutique – personalized bridemaids thank you cards and bridal suite sign.

www.etsy.com/shop/DivineWeddingDecor">DivineWeddingDecor – wedding  card box. Beautiful, high quality fabrics. The seller was injured a few months ago which is causing a lot of issues for her biz. May not be a good time to order but I didn’t have any problems.

Re: 5/14 Wedding Review - LONG

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for the reviews!  I may not get a chance to add them until a bit later on tonight, but when I do would you like your knottie name to appear with each reivew?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! Glad to hear you had great experiences with Jill and Mandy. I am using them and think both of their work is amazing!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    cindyn9178cindyn9178 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is that Jimmy Dee that was on the Millionaire Matchmaker?
  • Options
    buttrflyahbuttrflyah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I love reading about the Seasons!  I am getting married there next October. I'd expect nothing less than amazing, since that's what I've heard all along, and I am so happy everything went so well for you!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    rr2011rr2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Peaches - with my knottie name is fine. thank you
    cindy - never met the actual jimmie dee - so not sure and i'm not sure i saw that episode, i'll have to keep an eye out for it.
    buttr- can't say enough good things. Bring pics of what you want for the ice carvings or have an idea for at least 1, they'll make it look exactly like it.

I realized I did forget a couple!
    MagnetStreet.com- STDs and invites, fancy without breaking the bank. The designers look over everything and completely help with suggestion. Used online chat with the company as well and found it to be very helpful!
    Sense NYC - spray tan. It was expensive but well worth it, perfect shade and application by Kristyn.
  • Options
    rr2011rr2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Peaches I reread your list...and it takes a village!

NY Partner and Wedding Dance: We loved having someone help us with our first dance, it was a big hit and success and the place was very nice and took good care of us.

Roberts Tuxes in Totowa: We ended up choosing roberts for the selection. The owner was great to work with and patient as most of our groomsmen took forever to call their measurements in. He was happy to change things up and made sure everyone looked great.

• Options
    LissyM83LissyM83 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jimmy Dee DJ'ed my friends wedding and they were awesome. My FI and I looked at them for our wedding and I was set on booking them but he had his heart set on someone else we had already met with so I had to compromise.
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2013
    (user name removed) said:
    Thank you for mentioning the embroidered handkerchiefs were personalized for you. I hope you enjoyed them :)

Vendors are not allowed here.  @KnotPorscha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards