New Jersey
Options

THE GROVE NJ VENUE - PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!

Hi everyone ! My fiance and I are almost booked with the Grove for August, 2013. We have our deposit in and only have 2 days to get it back if we cancel. 

We are very interested in hearing about the experience at the Grove, either from the bride's/groom's or guest's perspective.

Our major concerns are FOOD and SERVICE.

We are a little nervous after reading a few negative posts, so we would really like to get as much input as possible, as this hall is so new and there aren't many reviews yet.

THANK YOU !!!   

Re: THE GROVE NJ VENUE - PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!

• Options
    My concern with the Grove is they are constantly getting shut down by the town of Cedar Grove because of various complaints.  There have been numerous reports of this in the news. I personally wouldn't risk it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am having my wedding there august 3rd this year. We had several people from our family and friends going there for several events (Wedding, bar mitzvah) and all of them have had only great things to say about the food and the service. One of them was even part of a band playing there for a wedding and he said the kitchen was really clean and they were treated very well. I think it's a detail, but very important.<div><div>
    </div><div>We meet With Michael, who is taking care of our wedding, a few weeks ago and we talked over the menu and details and he was very helpful and arranging to us. We can pretty much ask for anything and get it. </div><div>Our florist (potted geranium) has also already worked with them and says they are very professionnal.</div><div>
    </div><div>Let me know if you need any other infos!</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_the-grove-nj-venue-please-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:7629e327-1343-405b-bcc2-ec46eafc9c61Post:7e48b69f-ab59-4fd3-a4f9-65c032aace7d">THE GROVE NJ VENUE - PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi everyone ! My fiance and I are almost booked with the Grove for August, 2013. We have our deposit in and only have 2 days to get it back if we cancel.  We are very interested in hearing about the experience at the Grove, either from the bride's/groom's or guest's perspective. Our major concerns are FOOD and SERVICE. We are a little nervous after reading a few negative posts, so we would really like to get as much input as possible, as this hall is so new and there aren't many reviews yet. THANK YOU !!!   
    Posted by kika787[/QUOTE]

</div></div>
  • Options
    Thank you very much FrenchieSR! I really appreciate it. Hope you have an amazing time and everything goes perfectly :) Let us know after if you can please. 

Thank you 
  • Options
    I will, but so far I couldn't be happier with them!
  • Options
    Any other opinions ? We would love to hear from everyone :)

• Options
    WOW I was just coming to post about an amazing wedding that we went to there a few weeks ago, The food was amazing, It was really nice, My wedding planner that we used did the decore for an event  She is raving about it, Suprised to see this post .

• Options
    Eric thanks for the response! Do you have pics from the wedding??

All the best,
    Kristina!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_the-grove-nj-venue-please-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:7629e327-1343-405b-bcc2-ec46eafc9c61Post:6627e6f5-8fdf-4637-b969-b21794764a7e">Re: THE GROVE NJ VENUE - PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]WOW I was just coming to post about an amazing wedding that we went to there a few weeks ago, The food was amazing, It was really nice, My wedding planner that we used did the decore for an event  She is raving about it, Suprised to see this post .      
    Posted by EricsBlushingbride[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    way too overpriced.........cocky owner!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I've planned a few weddings there and they know what they're doing. The negative reviews were definitely in the beginning when they were working out their flaws. They do a fabulous job and the kitchen is definitely spotless, food is excellent and service amongst the best. Message me if you need any help...good luck!!
  • Options
    We just booked our wedding at The Grove in Cedar Grove, NJ for 4/2015.  I would love to hear from people who have attended a wedding there or have gotten married there.  We are mostly concerned about the amount of food for the cocktail hour.  We almost picked Nanina's which includes everything but were really excited about the rooms and the overall feel of The Grove.  Nervous that we might not be getting enough for our money. 
  • Options
    This thread is a year and a half old. Most posters are long gone.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Hoboken Bride - I'm new here.  Should I repost this in a new thread?  I thought everyone would see it, not just the above posters.  Thanks in advance!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards