New Jersey
Options

ShadowBrook

Hi,
    Is anyone familiar with a reception place called Shadowbrook in shrewsbury, NJ?  It's exit 109 off the GSP.  Does anyone know there price per plate. I'm going to try calling again tomorrow but, I wanted to know if anyone had info about them.

Thanks

Re: ShadowBrook

• Options
    Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It looks pretty, they do 3-4 page spreads in my Bridal Mags!
  • Options
    gibribuzgibribuz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They have two main rooms and the rate depends on the time of year and day of the week.  I believe they start at $80ish and can go up to $200ish.  They have a few menu options. The grounds are beautiful.  They have tastings a few times a year.  My colleague's daughter is having her reception there next year and she is really happy so far. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I loved it, fiance thought it was too dark inside. As others said, there are two rooms depending on your party size. Price really fluctuates, but there are many different options. The grounds are beautiful and it's set back so it's very private. We went to a bridal show there and the food was amazing (although it was just the appetizers, but still). The lady I met with there was very nice, she got married there, her daughter got married there, her parents got married there... you get the idea. I love the upstairs room and the cocktail room, but if you're a smaller party you will be put in the downstairs room and I hated that room.
    *~allie~*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I do a lot of shopping in that area and have driven through just to see - the grounds are gorgeous. It's like a tree-lined drive leading up to the building. Really pretty entrance.
    image Tuffy
    RIP Little Man October 15, 1995 - June 1, 2010
  • Options
    marianthebmariantheb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My good friend got married there last year; it was really lovely and the food was great. She was married on a Friday last November and got a big package; I think she said she paid 160 a head but she got the full load for cocktail hour. My parents were there too and their only complaint was the "L" shape of the room but otherwise said it was great but too far for my wedding.
    Definitely worth checking out, I had a great time and the food was great too

image 280 image 241 image 31 image 10 Making Us Wait
    RSVP Deadline: 10/2
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I looked there with a friend who was hall shopping and we both thought it was was too dark and dreary inside. The walls were dark wood and just didn't like that. Especially with the lights dim you felt like you were inside a dark cave or box.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lovely place, food is mediocre 
    Be very careful if you have a buffet - the room the put the food in is cramped
    Great bar room
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards