New Jersey
Options

Hair at Home

Did anyone here have, or is planning to have, their hair done at their house the day of the wedding?
I was going to have it at my salon, where it would only have cost $95 per updo, but that is not going to work.  It seems as if I am going to have to contact people to come to the house.  
Does anyone have any recommendations?  I am concerned that it is going to be double than the price of the salon.  
Thanks!

Re: Hair at Home

• Options
    The cost will most likely be the same whether you do the hair at the salon or if they have to travel.  It depends on the stylist.  Some charge the same price, others charge a different price if the hair is being done away from the salon, and some charge a flat travel fee.  What jacks up the price is the word "bride".  Anytime "bride" or "wedding" is added to something, the cost automatically goes up.  I had both hair and makeup come to my home the day of my wedding b/c it was just more convenient and cut out extra travel time among myself and my girls.  It definitely made the morning much more relaxing not having to get up early or rush to get to a salon, then rush back to get my dress on.  What town are you getting ready in?
    Anniversary Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com
  • Options
    dsimone43dsimone43 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2013
    It depends on how far the hair gal has to travel to you... tolls, parking... blah blah.  But yeah... like PP said anytime you say bridal everything feels like it's double.  The average price I have seen around here for on location hair and make up is ABOUT 150 for each for the bride and ABOUT 75 for each for bridal party.  

I highly rec Donna from Amazing Face and Luscious Locks. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would highly recommend Jeanine LaMacchia.  She charges $150 for the bride, $85 for bridal party updos and $65 for a short hair blowout.  This is her website: http://www.njhairdesigns.com/.  She did an amazing job on everyone and is so sweet!

It is definitely more expensive than going to a salon, but I found the convenience of having someone come to you totally worth it.  It was much more relaxed.  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards