New Jersey

Wedding Hair Flower?

For those of you who wore (or are planning on wearing) a flower in your hair, where did you purchase it from and what was attached to it that allowed it to be clipped in your hair?  I only ask because a lot of Etsy sellers give the option of choosing a comb, alligator clip, bobby pin, and French barrette, but I have no clue what's best.
image 182 Invited
image 0 Are ready to party!
image 0 Will be missing the fun
image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Hair Flower?

• edited December 2011
    I ordered mine from Etsy with an alligator clip. I figured that would hold the best in my hair and if I wanted to take it out (if I didn't like it after all) it wouldn't be too hard to either.

What types of pins hold in your hair the best?
    ExerciseMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    Honestly, nothing, haha.  My hair is REALLY fine.  But I'm hoping the hairstylist will be able to do something that will allow a clip to stay in and, depending on the hairstyle I choose, I may wind up using some extensions.
    image 182 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing the fun
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jchristeljchristel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used a real flower that my florist wrapped and wired so it could be bobby pinned into my hair.  It stayed put until 3 AM :)
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I was just planning on using a couple of bobby pins. But my hair is slicker on the thicker side and bobby pins work in my hair. I would say if you have fine hair then an alligator clip may work best. Bobby pins and combs may fall out easier.
  • VanessaB24VanessaB24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • leah2bleah2b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine from Cymbelline - alligator  clip.  I have really fine hair as well and it stayed in!
  • edited December 2011
    I think maybe the alligator clip might work for you. Why dont you try one out first before you buy a hair flower? They might sell cheapo versions in Clarie's or one of those cutesy stores in the mall. It's worth a shot?
    ExerciseMilestone
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards