New Jersey

I should've done this theme for our wedding

http://offbeatbride.com/2010/03/halloween-viking-wedding 

This is actually pretty damn cool, I think. Certainly not halfassed.

Re: I should've done this theme for our wedding

• edited December 2011
    It's a bit much, but I do agree that they thought out every detail and planned everything out perfectly (for their theme)
    image Tuffy
    RIP Little Man October 15, 1995 - June 1, 2010
  • goaliegirlgoaliegirl member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    oh my...I would laugh if I ever went to a wedding like that...LOL
  • Denise91980Denise91980 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    looks more Medieval Times than Halloween...interesting though
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • JulepheniaJulephenia member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My father once suggested a pirate-themed wedding.

...Of course, now he won't even let me coreograph a fight! Boo.
  • edited December 2011
    Man, I love OBB. I would never do one of these crazy weddings (clearly), but I would love, love, love to go to one. They always look like so much fun.
  • edited December 2011
    You know, I would never want a themed wedding, it would just take away from the elegance I've always imagined.  But I DEFINITELY would do a theme for a future vow renewal/anniversary party -- I could se Mikeybear and I doing some type of vegas/gambling theme with slot machines and everything.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image182 invited
    image4 got lost on their way to the mailbox
    image127 will witness the anticipated bear union
    image51 will miss out a beary good time
    [RSVP Date 6/01] [125 min]
  • edited December 2011
    The little kid dresses up is adorable.  I think I would stare if I saw that wedding party walking across the street.  And probably take pictures because no one would believe me. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    This one makes me wish WE had thought of the "ring bear" idea: http://offbeatbride.com/2010/03/1950s-candy-wedding

I like really dumb stuff that makes people laugh.
  • DandT1206DandT1206 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    not my style but that toddler in the viking costume looks adorable
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DandT1206DandT1206 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_shouldve-done-this-theme-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:7a2fe541-8a1b-4478-8502-5b039f563c8fPost:1763ffc5-2b60-4e37-95a9-b59afb2ed41d">Re: I should've done this theme for our wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]You know, I would never want a themed wedding, it would just take away from the elegance I've always imagined.  But I DEFINITELY would do a theme for a future vow renewal/anniversary party
    Posted by mscutieri[/QUOTE]

I agree.  Seal and Heidi Klum do it every year. 
    My wedding was on halloween and we didn't have a theme other than "fall" with some hockey element thrown in.  But I thought it would be funny to get all my married friends together for our anniversary and we'd all wear our wedding dresses again lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • leah2bleah2b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    mbc - we must have similar taste because I find both great!  I would love to go to a Viking wedding or a real theme wedding (haven't had the opportunity yet).  Weddings can get a bit formulaic - mine certainly will be since I just do not have the time, energy and creativity to make it otherwise, but serious kudos to those that have the will and make the effort.
  • uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hope that some day I get to go to one of these kinds of weddings (although I totally want a Vegas/Elvis vow renewal of my own).  Theme weddings aren't for everyone, but I think they're perfect for the right couple.  I hate when I see the blogs that make fun of unconventional and/or (or therefore) "trashy" weddings.  First, not everyone has a big budget -- or any budget really -- for a conventional wedding.  Not everyone wants the big pretty princess NJ reception hall wedding (which may be more elegant than a Viking wedding, but big elegant cookie-cutter wedding isn't desirable to everyone).  And hey, if Walmart is your favorite store and you want to have a quirky and fun ceremony, I don't think there's anything wrote with getting married there at all!  I think it is kind of cool.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_shouldve-done-this-theme-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:7a2fe541-8a1b-4478-8502-5b039f563c8fPost:fd5048b4-9b2f-4984-93fb-63dca1770dd9">Re: I should've done this theme for our wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hope that some day I get to go to one of these kinds of weddings (although I totally want a Vegas/Elvis vow renewal of my own).  Theme weddings aren't for everyone, but I think they're perfect for the right couple.  I hate when I see the blogs that make fun of unconventional and/or (or therefore) "trashy" weddings.  First, not everyone has a big budget -- or any budget really -- for a conventional wedding.  Not everyone wants the big pretty princess NJ reception hall wedding (which may be more elegant than a Viking wedding, but big elegant cookie-cutter wedding isn't desirable to everyone).  And hey, if Walmart is your favorite store and you want to have a quirky and fun ceremony, I don't think there's anything wrote with getting married there at all!  I think it is kind of cool.
    Posted by uppereastgirl[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I agree! I hate when things are called "tacky" or "trashy" cause they aren't "standard."  What's wrong with feeding guests food from a (not so expensive) restaurant? Just because it's a wedding doesn't mean that it has to be super formal. And super formal done wrong can be extremely tacky.

</div>
    image Tuffy
    RIP Little Man October 15, 1995 - June 1, 2010
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards