New Jersey
Options

Did you have bells?

When everyone wants you to kiss what did you have on the tables for them to ring or tap? Did you even have anything at all? The last wedding i went to was my father's and they had bells but they are older and i'm not sure people actually have these things anymore. Our friends got married 2 yrs ago but i don't remember them having bells or anything like that. What are you doing?

Re: Did you have bells?

• Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Why would you want to encourage people to do it even more?!?!

People just started tapping their glasses for us, and that's what I've always seen/heard. I've never seen bells.
  • Options
    smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would worry that it would get out of hand real fast
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    VanessaB24VanessaB24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    well it didn't at my dad's wedding. i wasn't ringing it so that was one less person haha. and they had more people then we're having so i guess i'll just keep it at tapping the glasses if they want. Not a big deal just wondering..
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    One of my friends had them a few years ago and you can't really hear them over the crowd and the DJ.  As I see it, it is really a waste of money that could go towards something else.   Traditionally you were to clink you champagne glass if you wanted the couple to kiss, and that's what we are going with (if people think to do it).
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image182 invited
    image4 got lost on their way to the mailbox
    image127 will witness the anticipated bear union
    image51 will miss out a beary good time
    [RSVP Date 6/01] [125 min]
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I've only ever seen people clinking glasses. And it seems that in recent years, people aren't doing it as much (not that I've seen, anyway).

Bells would annoy the everloving crap out of me, lol.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Like PPs said, don't waste your money. People will tap their glasses...and it gets annoying quick.  Like someone said above, why encourage it?! lol

~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought one at a Waterford Sale last year and will have it, probably more as a novelty item, but I would never put one on each table... another girl at the sale was buying all of them to give as favors and leave on the table... I would rather die!
    *~allie~*

• Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I think that the people who really want to tap the glasses will do so no matter what other prop you give them.

I mean, if you really WANT to put out bells/noisemakers/whatever, go nuts, but you absolutely do not HAVE to. I'd especially think twice about this if you're inviting kids to the wedding ... if I were a guest and some little brat was running around with a bell all night, I think I'd lose my mind.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i agree with pp
    *~allie~*

• Options
    dmoney79dmoney79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    noone tapped their glasses at our wedding :(
    when we went around from table to table, mh would tap other ppl's glasses b/c noone was doing it!
    maybe they were just done with us kissing, since our photog kept making us kiss...

on a side note, i keep thinking the thread title says "did you have balls?"
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No i'm not doing bells its ok... like i said the last wedding i went to was my dads and there older so they did stuff her way and i thought the bells were the new way of tapping the glasses but apparently its not lol So its fine i'm not goin to waste $$ on that stuff.
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ohmygod had anyone clinked glasses to try to get us to kiss I would have DIED.  I HATE THAT.  So awkward!!!  Never would have encouraged it.  I think people knew me well enough to not even try though, thank god!

So no, no bells.  People are lucky they got glasses and utensils at all :)

Hahaha to MBC about the kids and bells.  (And I know when I was young I totally would have been that kid ... I'm not proud.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards