New Jersey

Add a corset back to my dress

Afternoon NJ girls.
I'm getting married June 1.  I'm interested to see if anyone knows how difficult it would be to add a corset back to a dress.  My dress is super plain so losing detail wouldn't be an issue.

Anyone know of anyone I can take it to?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Add a corset back to my dress

• Honestly - and this is just my opinion - I would not do it.

Corset backs are generally placed on less expensive dresses, where the fit to the body does not have to be perfect.  The lacing then makes up for any not-so-perfect fit issues. There are less alterations that need to be done with a corset-backed dress.

If your dress already fits your back perfectly, why add something that is not necessary? 

See if there are any other options to dress up your dress if you feel it is plain - a beaded belt, or a flower at the hip, for example. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• I'm afraid my dress won't fit- or be snug.  I've put on a few lbs since I bought it...that's the main issue for wanting the corset back.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Honestly it depends on the dress. Talk to your seamstress ASAP to see what your options are.  My aunt is a dry cleaner and has done it without a problem in the past so I don't think it's going to be a huge issue.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks. I'll start asking around.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am all about corset dresses they fit like a glove. My seamstress is amazing Bella grace tailor 201-337-6717 Oakland Leave a message and she calls right back She is there tues,thurs, and sat
  • MCF, thanks for the recommendation.

OP, I'm considering adding a corset to my dress too.  But basically because corset back was my #1 priority and the dress I wound up getting doesn't have one strangely enough..

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Turns out my aunt knows someone.  I'm bringing the dress to her on Saturday to see if it's something she wants to do! :)

Thanks for the rec MCF! If she doesn't want to do it, I'll give yours a call.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards