North Carolina
Options

Southport Community Center

Has anyone had their wedding at the Southport Community Center? We're thinking about having ours there but it's hard to find any pictures of the venue. I live about 7 hours away so I won't be able to have a site visit anytime soon. Just need some opinions.

Thanks!

Re: Southport Community Center

• Options
    HeelsDeahlHeelsDeahl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI and I do bike trips from Kure Beach across the Ferry and into Southport a lot when we are at the beach. We usually sit on the back deck of this Community Center and take a break and enjoy the view out to the water side.

I've only been in once to use the restroom, and they had some sort of a business luncheon going on. It is pretty bland inside, but in a good way. All the colors are neutral, and it just has a general conference room feel to it. But, I think it could be decorated in a way that it would be great. The deck area would really make for a fabulous cocktail hour area, especially around sunset!  I think you could make the place look really nice very easily.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A former co-worker got married there a few months back. I didn't go to the wedding, but I heard it was beautiful. And she told me on more than one occasion how much she loved the venue.
  • Options
    pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am planning on getting married there June of 2012. When we looked into it we found most of the dates were already booked up for 2011. If you find any good pictures please let me know! Also, PM me I have a few personal pictures of the location.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there in April of 2011!!  If you have any questions let me know!
    200 image 150 image 50 image RSVP Date: March 10th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jennieweaver1jennieweaver1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married there Oct. 8th 2011! So excited to see other girls on here that are getting married (or thinking of getting married!) there too! Don't hesitate to ask any questions. it is a beautiful, simply, and classy venue! But do act fast, they book up really quickly! There also is no "official" website for it, and that's why you are having trouble finding pictures.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 135 Invited
    image 105 are ready to party! image 30 have better things to do image0 need to check their mailboxes!
    RSVP Date: Sept 08
    http://jennieweaver.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    SD3194SD3194 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sweet, thanks girls. Hopefully I can make a trip down there soon. Does anyone know the rental rate? I've called a few times but can't seem to get in contact with anyone.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yea you have to leave Betsy a message, and she'll call you back.  It is $250 an hour if you have alcohol, 200 if you don't.  And you have to have it a minimum of 4 hours I believe. 
    200 image 150 image 50 image RSVP Date: March 10th Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards