New Jersey
Options

Recommend a Dominican Republic hotel...

Looking to book a trip with a bunch of our friends for May/June.  I'm thinking Punta-Cana is the best option for us.  I've stayed at the Barcelo Bavaro Palace and liked it, but want to see if there are any other suggestions.  Looking for less expensive options....$1000- $1200 per person.
~Chelsea~
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Recommend a Dominican Republic hotel...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    friend of mines sister got married at the Dreams resort in Punta-Cana supposdly AWESOME!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    really? I'll check that one out!

Do you and Chris have any interest in coming too??? Probably around the last weekend in May!!
    ~Chelsea~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    UM YESSSSSS lol let us know the details.. we were actually looking into DR but our friends dont like to take vacays LOL..
  • Options
    edited December 2011

YESSS!!!!! We're trying to get a group together, thinking it'll be fun with other people.  I know my friend Christina and her boyfriend Jay are definitely in...not sure about anyone else though. Now that the wedding and honeymoon is over...it's time to start planning this vacay!

I will keep you in the loop!

~Chelsea~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never been, but you may want to ask on the Nest travel board too.  I bet they'll have great suggestions.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We stayed at the Dreams Palm Beach for our honeymoon.  Resort was beautiful, food was about a 3 out of 5. The pools and beach was also beautiful.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!
    ~Chelsea~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Paradisus Punta-Cana.  It was one of my favorite resorts.  
  • Options
    tvlirenetvlirene member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Chels.  Dreams, Paradisus Palma Real, Majestic Colonial, Melia Caribe Tropical to name a few good ones :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I stayed at the majestic colonial.  It gets good reviews on the travel board.  I thought it was good for the price.  Def not luxury but still very nice.  I also have gone to the Lifestyle tropical.  The good thing about that place is it is super cheap.  The beaches were not as noice as the ones at the majestic colonial but I think we only spent $600 for the week.  I would recommend the majestic colonial over the lifestyle tropical if you want to spend a little more.  I think it was $1000 for 5 days.  I used cheap carribean to book and usually they have $50 off coupons floating around the internet.  They were a great site to book through. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks again!  We're not looking for luxury really. It's gonna be a bunch of our friends just looking to drink and relax all week. haha
    ~Chelsea~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dreams and Paradisus are def the best/higher end. I have never stayed in those (just was never worth the extra $$) and always had an amazing time.

Last time we stayed at Iberostar Bavaro. AMAZING! Can't go wrong with Iberostars and Melia's.

HAVE FUN!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards