New Jersey
Options

Wedding Insurance

Hi,

Has anyone used/bought wedding insurance?  I'm not worried about the groom or myself not showing/cancelling - this is more for potential health issues of key guests. 
Wedsafe.com keeps coming up and it seems legit but I'd rather hear from someone who may have purchsed them or had to use them. 

Thanks in advance!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Insurance

• Options
    I didn't purchase wedding insurance but I did have a Plan B established since I got married during hurricane season (my good friend got married the day of Irene and i was 2 weeks later). All the vendors had game plans that we discussed in advance and I felt much better. Your situation is different though, and insurance may be a good idea. The $150 we spent for honeymoon insurance we used not once, but twice, and we got full refunds both times.
  • Options
    Read the policy carefully b/c I believe if the medical issue is a preexisting condition, they don't cover it:

Does the Wedsafe Event Cancellation / Postponement Plus Insurance provide coverage for illness/injury to the bride/groom?

The Wedsafe Event Cancellation / Postponement Plus Insurance Policy will provide coverage if there is a sudden illness or injury to the bride or groom, or an immediate family member, provided the illness is NOT related to a pre-existing medical condition. (A pre-existing medical condition means a condition where medical care, advice, consultation, or treatment was received within 12 months prior to the purchase date of the policy.)

• Options
    Thank you - the pre-existing piece may be a deal breaker. Good catch!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I used Travelers' Wedding Protector Plan for my wedding insurance. Good thing too because my rehearsal dinner venue (also the bridesmaid tea venue) shut down three weeks before my wedding took place. Phones were turned off and I had already paid my balance for both events. I also had someone fall down the stairs at the wedding. Two very scary incidents that could have never been planned for but were saved with my insurance.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards