New Jersey
Options

Booked My Place!

We decided on The Primavera in Stirling.
It's so nice to have it booked but I feel a little overwhelmed is this normal?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Booked My Place!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  That's a big check.  Yes its totally normal to feel overwhelmed.  Just take one thing at a time and you'll be fine.  We all feel stressed at different times throughout the process so don't worry! 
  • Options
    Renee1105Renee1105 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I feel like I have so many little questions but the wedding is so far away.
    Should I wait to ask my venue or do it now?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    sgdc2011sgdc2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay that's where I am getting married! When is your date?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    just take each thing one at a time, map out a timeline of what you have left to book and work on each thing and you will see each check that comes off the board, is a sigh of relief and one step closer to the big day. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    and oh, btw, love the primivera, it was too far away for us, but we loved the grounds and the decor.
  • Options
    Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most of my co-workers got married there, we met with Steve, he seems stellar.  The food is supposed to be excellent, especially the extras on the cocktail hour and Viennese hour! Congrats!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks everyone the wedding is November 2011
  • Options
    laurenross01laurenross01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations! I was overwhelmed at first, but then realized one of the hardest decisions was over! Enjoy!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So after you book the venue what should you book next?
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We did church, then venue, then photographer. I have my checklist in my bio if you want to see how we did it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    after venue, church, photographer, and DJ/band (in that order) would probably be your best bet
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! That's a big check. We booked ours at around a 20 months before our wedding. We waited another couple months before we booked anything else and meanwhile changed our date up 3 months. I would hold off on asking tons of questions to the venue unless it's something you need to know right now such as if you need to book preferred vendors or if you're allowed to book whoever/whatever you want. It's exciting and can be a little overwhelming at times, but stay ahead of the game and enjoy the planning. :)
  • Options
    DS0305DS0305 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  The venue and church are the two most important things to have first.  You should also book your photographer, DJ/band, and videographer sooner rather than later so that someone you like isn't booked up before your date.  It's never too early to book.
  • Options
    JennM31JennM31 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats. Im getting married there too this august. We booked the church, venue, photographer, and then dj.
  • Options
    RebeccaW2010RebeccaW2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  I am getting married there too Sept 2010! If you have any questions feel free to call them, they are totally helpful.  You can email me too if you would like rweber84@comcast.net

I Love that place!! We booked the church, photog, DJ, florist. 
  • Options
    Juliet212Juliet212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    CONGRATUALTIONS. We are getting married at there also.... September 2011. When are you having your tasting? We haven't gone yet, may hold off until the summer.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    congratulations!  looks like you got a lot of great advice already.

I just wanted to say I've been to couple weddings there, and I remember the food being AMAZING.  Enjoy!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're going to the tasting on March 18th
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been to 2 weddings at the Primavera- was a BM in one and FI was a GM in both... food is AMAZING... i've had dreams about their wild mushroom ravioli! Congrats!

Oh and Steve is awesome- he was an old friend of my bff's mom (same friend who got married there). He was totally on top of his game and even bustled my friend's dress!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards