New Jersey
Options

RSVPs

To those of you who are past the stress and enjoying married bliss, what percentage of your guest lists were regrets.
M-43 DOR (FSH 20 AMH 0.16, AFC 4-6) Endo stage III DH-42 (low everything)
TTC #1 unofficially since 6/09, officially since 10/10
6/11 RE testing,rt tube blocked with hydro, 8/11 lap surgery rt tl
IVF#1 10/11 Estrace,450 Follistim, 15 units low-dose HCG, DHEA - cancelled (only follie growing)
IVF#2 started stims 11/4/11 - same protocol, increase in concentration of HCG, added CoQ10, no response, cancelled on CD 12
12/2/11 began accupuncture; Break in Dec. Next cycle anticipated in Jan.
PAIF/SAIF Welcome

Re: RSVPs

• Options
    Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
     10%-20% is an average but you know best where your guests are coming from and how likely they are to make a long trip if necessary.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    More than I thought! We invited 190 and only got about 110 coming at this point, there are still some invitations out there without a response so I'm hoping to meet our 135 min.
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • Options
    Pink7781Pink7781 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We invited 281 and 204 are attending. These were mostly family from out of state.
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Laurms is right -- depends on your list.  We had about 20% regrets, but we had lots of people invited from a distance, and quite a few of the nos weren't really nos -- they were single people who didn't come with an "and guest" (and we hadn't really expected them to).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, we had something like 45% (this is an estimate now, but we invited like 250 and had 140 attend -- so  around 110 "no"s).

I should say that most were out of state and have kids, whom we did not invite, or "plus ones" for people who opted not to bring one.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Stressing about this too.....
    Our wedding is the last weekend in August (a big vacay weekend / bring your kids back to college weekend) and our wedding is all the way down the shore, where as a lot of our guests live in Morris & Essex counties....
    We are inviting around 180, and have a 125 minimum. Yikes!!!!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Being married is a real thriller! =)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Invited 215 and had 150 come. About 25% decline rate. However, like uppereast said- we had a lot of +1s that were no's and unfortunately out of my dad's side of the family where we invited 18, only 2 came. So that was a big chunk as well.
    *~allie~*

• Options
    Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    invited 324 and 250 came.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think RSVPs are tricky to balance - agree with UpperEast that you know your guests the best. 

We have a third column on our guest list (excel file) that says "Will they show?".

We are inviting 280
    Expecting 240
    Guaranteeing 220

We are getting married in the winter which can certainly be hit or miss.  It's not like the summer where "oh No there's a heatwave" or the fall or spring "oh No it's raining." If we have a snowstorm I'll be on this board the night prior inviting you all to come our wedding!

Maybe I should start a wedding-saver-group on the Jersey boards for the brides who wont make their minimum count.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards