New Jersey
Options

Where to Dress Shop?

Can anyone suggest bridal salons in northern NJ or NYC where I can purchase a lower cost gown or sample sale gown? My dress budget is around 1300 including alterations. Thank you!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Where to Dress Shop?

• Options
    Check out East West Bridals in Secaucus.  Elyse is so sweet and they really treat you like family.  Each time I went they remembered my name as well as my BM's names.
  • Options
    RK Bridal in the city has a huge selection of dresses and a lot of the ones I tried were within your budget. The consultant was really sweet and very helpful as well. 

• Options
    Try RK bridal in the city or La Belle in Jersey City.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Try Something Special Bridals in Wyckoff. Although I did not buy my gown from them, I tried on many dresses in that range (and some above)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Options
    I had a great experience at The Wedding Store in Andover, NJ.  Its right on 206 near Newton.  My budget was around 1000-1500 and they have a TON to choose from.  Alterations there are I think a flat fee of about $300 (I can't remember the exact price).  That fee is not built into the price.  Everyone there was sooo nice and it was exactly the experience I wanted for dress shopping.  We were back in a private room with just my guests and the attendant (who was great but I cannot remember her name! I'm sure its on my dress receipt).  

I also went to Chrissy O's in Newton....it was ok...small and dark.  The staff didn't seem to know too much and they didnt even pull any dresses for me.  Not that it was a big deal but it can be overwhelming so a little help from the staff would have been nice.  That was the first place I went.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_where-to-dress-shop?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:88283099-49f9-4a76-a32e-8e5e72bebe96Post:63f8e61a-a02e-4341-b4e5-73e650c6442f">Re: Where to Dress Shop?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Try Something Special Bridals in Wyckoff. Although I did not buy my gown from them, I tried on many dresses in that range (and some above) <a href="http://www.ss4ssbridals.com/ss4ssbridals/Welcome.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.ss4ssbridals.com/ss4ssbridals/Welcome.html</a>
    Posted by SewInLoveWithDMB[/QUOTE]

<div>I went here too in my dress search, though I did not get my dress here. What's nice is that the price of the dress will include alterations. This may mean the dress costs more than it may in other stores, but at least you know that you will not have to pay anything on top of that once the dress is purchased. </div><div>
    </div><div>My one gripe about this salon is that the owner did not let me personally look through the dresses. I told her what I had in mind, but that I could have been open to other styles, and she pulled dresses for me. There would have been a greater chance of me finding something if I could have personally gone through what they had since I didn't know exactly what I wanted. I only visited two bridal salons, but this one had much less selection of dresses based on the size of the store alone. </div>
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_where-to-dress-shop?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:88283099-49f9-4a76-a32e-8e5e72bebe96Post:8ed1e31c-bdac-4cdf-8a9b-710d61de6977">Re: Where to Dress Shop?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where to Dress Shop? : I went here too in my dress search, though I did not get my dress here. What's nice is that the price of the dress will include alterations. This may mean the dress costs more than it may in other stores, but at least you know that you will not have to pay anything on top of that once the dress is purchased.  My one gripe about this salon is that the owner did not let me personally look through the dresses. I told her what I had in mind, but that I could have been open to other styles, and she pulled dresses for me. There would have been a greater chance of me finding something if I could have personally gone through what they had since I didn't know exactly what I wanted. I only visited two bridal salons, but this one had much less selection of dresses based on the size of the store alone. 
    Posted by B2Z728[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I had forgotten about that - that the alterations are included in the price.  I ended up purchasing my dress at Jaehee Bridals and it was not in that price range, and the alterations are additional.</div><div>
    </div><div>I went the SS to see a few specific dresses that they had in stock (I think they were Allure and Alvina Valenta dresses). All of the gowns are stored in closets.  I did not personally go through each closet, but I was able to stand next to the woman who was helping me while she was in the closets, and I "yey'ed" or "nay'ed" dresses to try on.  </div><div>
    </div><div>Overall, I felt they had a nice salon and were very helpful to me, even though I didn't use them. I wanted to spread the word since they were kind and I didn't give them my business, but I understand what you are  saying.  :) </div><div>
    </div><div>Also, to the original poster - try David's Bridal.  The dresses I tried were below your price point, and were made with lower quality materials (not real silk for example) but they had some really pretty silhouettes and styles that were a lot more interesting than a basic white, strapless gown. Again, I didn't ultimately purchase from there, but I was impressed with the dresses for a lower price point (some were about $550-$650)</div>

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Options
    I second the Wedding Store in Andover! A lot of nice dresses under $1500. The only thing that bothers me is the almost $400 fee for alterations.
    Valerie512
  • Options
    I had a wonderful experience at Hollywood Bridal.  Both as a bridesmaid and now a bride.  They had a specific dress that I wanted to try on.  After I put the dress on and stepped outside to show my mom I wanted to kick myself because I totally forgot to look at the price (or even ask)  Luckily it was listed at 1,100 and that included alterations.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks so much everyone for all the great feedback! Just have to map these out and schedule for January. Cant't wait!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Russel's in Linden.  Great prices and alterations included.
    Anniversary Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com
  • Options
    I had a fantastic experience at Park Avenue Bridals.  I seriously can't rave about them enough.  This is my second time around and my first wedding I purchased my gown from a nightmare bridal shop.  This time when I went dress shopping I was also shopping for a bridal shop with a great staff and excellent service.  I have not been disappointed!  They carry a large selection of designers and a lot of their dresses are in your price range.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards