New Jersey

Average DJ cost?

okay, so  I'm slowly making way down by rushed check list. 

I recently went to a wedding and loved the DJ.  He quoted me $1,900 for the reception (music, MC, dance floor lights and standard up lights) after some back and forth.

Based on my rough board search, his quote doesn't seem much higher than average (but i think it is definitely higher); just wanted to weigh in before I take the plunge!!  If i get people saying they got a great DJ for much lower, then i may have to rethink this. 

thanks in advance girls!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Average DJ cost?

• I got a great DJ for $1600 which also includes an MC just no uplighting for us so your sounds good to me.
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    you are making me feel a lot better!! 

I am so nervous about biting the bullet on this.  one on hand, it seems like a lot of money, but on the other, to me, a DJ is really important and from what I remember, these guys were really good. Argh!!

thanks for your input!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_average-dj-cost?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:882ec09f-6c96-467e-98da-66325a7c2e61Post:989c2fa3-a0be-4ae8-b5df-94137413174f">Re: Average DJ cost?</a>:
    [QUOTE]you are making me feel a lot better!!  I am so nervous about biting the bullet on this.  one on hand, it seems like a lot of money, but on the other, to me, a DJ is really important and from what I remember, these guys were really good. Argh!! thanks for your input!
    Posted by faudiah[/QUOTE]

People will remember 2 things the music and the food that is it!!  So you def want good music!!
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • That quote is really good!!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • That quote is very typical for our area, at least from what I read on here. I'm paying less, but that's because my DJ is a friend, so I got a great deal. If it wasn't for that, I'd probably be around the same amount. 
  • okay, thanks you guys!! i'm gonna book him.

I guess I feel better about it now! sort of. kind of. lol

now I know how weddings get out of control!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think that's a great price, our DJs standard package starts at 1495 but if you add lighting and stuff, it's probably comprable or even a bit over what you were quoted. good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    205 invited image
    160 are ready to party image
    45 are missing out image
    0 can't find their mailbox image
    RSVP Deadline: October 1, 2012
  • That price sounds reasonable, although if you shop it, you could probably find someone less expensive. I think the more important thing is that you've heard this DJ and like his music and style. So you know what you're getting in advance. Good luck! Such an exciting check!
  • Yes, you're at a good range...We're at about $2500 for our DJ..but that includes uplighting, video montages, ceremony music, etc.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_average-dj-cost?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:882ec09f-6c96-467e-98da-66325a7c2e61Post:2744d62e-5b27-4c75-9211-a10eda5b25b6">Re: Average DJ cost?</a>:
    [QUOTE]That quote is very typical for our area, at least from what I read on here. I'm paying less, but that's because my DJ is a friend, so I got a great deal. If it wasn't for that, I'd probably be around the same amount. 
    Posted by rlavach[/QUOTE]

this exactly
    How I unwind? The FI and I watch old TV shows Photobucket 187image 124image 48image 15image RSVP Date March 31 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_average-dj-cost?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:882ec09f-6c96-467e-98da-66325a7c2e61Post:845f032d-896f-40c3-86a6-fd4ae8de0f93">Re: Average DJ cost?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes, you're at a good range...We're at about $2500 for our DJ..but that includes uplighting, video montages, ceremony music, etc.
    Posted by GiGiV2012[/QUOTE]

<div>Same.  Go for it!</div>
  • thanks girls!!

so far, venue and DJ checked.  gotta get moving on the others!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • which dj are you using?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 192 Invited image
    65 Are ready to party! image
    4 Are party poopers! image
    123 Have me stalking the mailbox.image
  • DJ USA based out of ny
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards