New Jersey
Options

The Forge, Woodbridge, NJ

Any one had their reception at the forge recently?  Their price seems low for the area and cannot find many reviews on them.  We are looking to book soon so any info would be greatly appreciated. 
Thanks

Re: The Forge, Woodbridge, NJ

• Options
    agu101agu101 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you visited the venue?  I've driven past it a quite a few times and have to say it's not much to look at from the outside.  However, the website seems to show some great grounds for ceremony and pictures.  I personally have never been to a wedding there and don't have much info beyond the exterior appearance.  Best of luck in your planning!
    Anniversary Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was a guest at a wedding there once.  Probably the most accurate statement I can make is that it's nice.  It won't bowl you over, but it's nice.

As Agu says, it doesn't look like anything from the street.  Inside, it's your basic wedding venue:  a big space, pretty walls, and some nice chandeliers.  Out back, they have a patio area for cocktail hours; once again, nice but not especially beautiful.  The food was good and I thought the service seemed excellent.

So the punchline (IMO) is that if you don't need to wow your guests but you want something nice at a lower cost, they're a pretty good choice.
  • Options
    smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a baby shower there a few years back and I thought for the $ it's a great option. They have a little dock in the back that could be nice for photos and make up for the lack of curb appeal. They were very willing to negotiate there as well.
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    ecelauroecelauro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

my daughters school had their cosmetology graduation luncheon there in June. inside is nice and the hotel is right there so that's nice too. the grounds are ok. the food was good.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info, we're going to check it out this sunday so will report back
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i was not impressed with it at all, the place and the feel of it is not what i was planning on having on my wedding day. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards