New Jersey
Options

PLEASE Reccomend your jewler

Hi, Im getting my egagement ring this weeked (i got engaged last sunday)! The ring that im getting is having 1ct GIA certified it is a really good cut clatrity it gorgeous but it almost 5000. Know since my wedding is on a BIIG budget it kills me to have my FI pay that much. I convinced him before we go pay for that one to go look at other around 2000-3000 range also the are offering one year of free insurance from Jewlers Mutal but still 5000 is alot don't know how to put a pic up but i have if any want to see.
Rosa
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: PLEASE Reccomend your jewler

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My engagement ring is from Blue Nile and I can't rave about the quality of their jewelry and their customer service enough!  www.bluenile.com

image 182 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing the fun
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You received a year free insurance from Jeweler's Mutual? I'm intrigued because we were not offered that and it wasn't exactly cheap either.
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    DH's ring is from The Jewelry Exchange in Edgewater, and my rings are from danforthdiamond.com.

If you are concerned with your budget, then get a plain wedding band, and maybe "upgrade" to a diamond band in a few years if you really want one.

Or look into more inexpensive alternatives. Maybe some non-diamond gemstones, or a pattern engraved onto the ring ... my wedding ring is plain palladium (a less expensive alternative to platinum, so also consider a different metal if it'll save some cash), but it has a floral engraving that I think is really pretty and adds some visual interest. It was around $200 with shipping: http://tinyurl.com/2d5fde2

Overstock.com has wedding bands, including diamond eternity bands, for low prices: http://www.overstock.com/Jewelry-Watches/Womens-Wedding-Bands/16064/subcat.html ... or even check eBay.

Or get something like mossanite or cubic zirconia. Nobody but you has to know.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    mb - I think she's talking about her engagement ring, not her wedding ring
    image 182 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing the fun
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox...

RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2011
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    maddie7maddie7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You get what you pay for- just remember that. 
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    *smacks self in head*

Sorry :P

I'd still recommend danforthdiamond.com (my ring appaised for a lot more than what DH paid), and I've heard bluenile.com is good as well. The suggestion about non-diamond gemstones (or a mossanite/CZ if you are up to that) could apply here as well. And the suggestion about upgrading somewhere down the line.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_please-reccomend-jewler?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:901c97cb-71fd-40b8-a754-f4e8b0100025Post:4fa4ca63-89ee-47f1-9e08-de39dcc246be">Re: PLEASE Reccomend your jewler</a>:
    [QUOTE]You get what you pay for- just remember that. 
    Posted by maddie7[/QUOTE]

This...

but I love my jeweler.  Thomas Jeweler's in the Wayne Jewelery Exchange. He's honest and repuatable.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_please-reccomend-jewler?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:901c97cb-71fd-40b8-a754-f4e8b0100025Post:4fa4ca63-89ee-47f1-9e08-de39dcc246be">Re: PLEASE Reccomend your jewler</a>:
    [QUOTE]You get what you pay for- just remember that. 
    Posted by maddie7[/QUOTE]
    This a million times!!!!! $5k is not bad for a certified 1ct. diamond...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i'm not sure where you are in NJ, but my family has always used marinaccio jewelers in matawan.  it's a family owned business, run by a husband and wife whose son and daughter are now involved and will take over the business when they retire.  FI didn't get my engagement ring there, but we are using them for our wedding bands.  and we are BEYOND happy with them.  we got a good price and they are just gorgeous. 
  • Options
    mrsdevilguymrsdevilguy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Corbo Jewelers - they have various locations. FI got my e-ring there and we purchased our wedding rings there. My uncle used the Clifton location many a time for various jewelry for my aunt too.
    Kelly & Ron 10.01.10
    Photobucket
    Anniversary Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    LolyalyssaLolyalyssa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_please-reccomend-jewler?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:901c97cb-71fd-40b8-a754-f4e8b0100025Post:d30727af-e875-4404-b6f4-ce8cecbf07bb">Re: PLEASE Reccomend your jewler</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: PLEASE Reccomend your jewler : This a million times!!!!! $5k is not bad for a certified 1ct. diamond...
    Posted by rlb81[/QUOTE]

It all matters what the color and clarity are before you can say its a good or bad price.

OP what is the letter of the color and what is the clarity?  You need to know these things, in addition to the weight, before you can decide if you price is good or bad.

I used a wholesale diamond broker in the city that only does engagement stones with a word of mouth reference.  And yes the price we got for the quality of the ring would blow you away.  Don't rule out the diamond brokers in the city...
  • Options
    viviannacviviannac member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lolyalyssa, did you or are you getting your wedding band from him too?  If so, can yoiu give me his info?  You can email me at vivianna629@yahoo.com  Thanks.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_please-reccomend-jewler?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:901c97cb-71fd-40b8-a754-f4e8b0100025Post:7bdb79c3-6dcf-428d-a792-5f3105479989">Re: PLEASE Reccomend your jewler</a>:
    [QUOTE]My engagement ring is from Blue Nile and I can't rave about the quality of their jewelry and their customer service enough!  <a href="http://www.bluenile.com" rel="nofollow">www.bluenile.com</a>
    Posted by peaches85[/QUOTE]

I completely agree. My e-ring and our bands are both from Blue Nile and we've been thrilled with every step of the process with them. I was able to get a fantastic ring and great bands for a reasonable price. I would not base your decision of something so important on a free year of an insurance plan.

Check out blue nile!!!!
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Morre Lyons in Clifton. Really great place - my family has used them for generations.

image Tuffy
    RIP Little Man October 15, 1995 - June 1, 2010
  • Options
    JulepheniaJulephenia member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI got my non-traditional ring from Venus Jewelers in Somerset. His family has used them for years, and is very pleased with their service.

However, my ring is white gold with a large amethyst and two tiny diamonds on either side.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I <3 Jewelry Exchange! (in Woodbridge)

After having been there (bought my Ering setting and BOTH of our wedding bands) I'd be hard-pressed to ever go anywhere else.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards