New Jersey

Jersey City Hotels

Hello everyone! Was wondering if there are any brides that got room blocks in the Jersey City area for their wedding? I'm getting married in another town, but the church is in JC and that's where we'd like the guests to stay. I started making some calls but I'd like to see what prices you got so I can compare. BTW, we're getting married October of 2013. THANKS!

Re: Jersey City Hotels

• We blocked rooms at Hyatt Jersey City.  There is also the Marriot Courtyard, Doubletree and Westin.  We were able to block rooms at the Hyatt for 190/night in Sept '11 for our Oct '12 wedding.  Doubletree offered $185 and Westin was $200 i think?  They were all about the same, but decided to go with the Hyatt bc they have a bar to hang at after. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks dsimone! That is extremely helpful, espeically since you are in October as well. The quote we got from Hyatt seems very high (249 a night) so I may call back and try to see if I can ge that down a bit. Good luck this October at your wedding! Congrats!
  • Woh!! That's nuts! I hope they are able to give you something better.  We are working with April and she's been pretty helpful. Did you tell them it's for a wedding block?

Some extra details - The Doubletree is the only hotel around there that I found has a shuttle.  Hyatt charges $7 per welcome bag to be delivered to the room.  They don't keep them behind the check-in desk and it could take 2 hours or do for the guest to receive the bag.  So that's kind of annoying.  The Hyatt offered us the Bridal Suite for two nights at the price of one to go in our contract.  The rooms are beautiful and all city/water view. 

Congrats to you too!  Good luck and feel free to PM me with any other questions!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards