New Jersey
Options

So Pissed/BC question

So I have been on the pill for 5 years now.  My current health care does not cover BC so I started going to Planned Parenthood hoping it would be cheaper (then I found target and it's wayyy better!).  Anyway, Target told me that my prescription was up so I called and called PP and they NEVER answered.  I stopped by one of their locations at which time they told me that my insurance would not cover a visit now because it is too early, but to have target call for a refill.  Target called and they denied!  I have my period this week and PP is not open again until Monday.... at which time I HOPE to  get my pills.

Here is my question.  If I have to take a vacation from the pills, can I start them up again on any sunday?  I can't wait until the sunday after my last period because that day will be MY WEDDING DAY!  Not good timing AT ALL!  Any help??

Re: So Pissed/BC question

• Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would call your pharmacist and ask.  Whenever stuff like that has happened to me and I've had to start my pack a day or two late, I have acted as if it was a regular missed pill and have doubled up.  But I'm not sure that's right, and you couldn't do that if you don't get a new pill pack until, say, Thursday.

• Options
    jchristeljchristel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What are you taking?  Can you call your ob/gyn and explain and ask for a sample?  
    Photobucket
  • Options
    DMLJDMLJ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Stupid PP doesn't give out samples... and my old dr. is not open regular hours where I could make an appt. with her (which I will do in the summer) but pick up pills from her.

I've doubles up on Mon. when I've missed Sun, but I think after Tues I couldn't do that anymore.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ugh that's so dumb my OBGYN refills the pill as long as i have a check-up scheduled. Don't they give you a prescription for a year & then refill it at your annual? Obviously your annual can't be the same time every year so they have to account for that some how? I would call back PP & say look I have an appointment scheduled give me the pills for up until that time & if after that I don't show you don't need to refill it but at least give me the benefit of the doubt & don't screw up my cycle right before I get married.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    DMLJDMLJ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I call and they don't answer- so I don't have an appt. scheduled... they only give me 6 months worth everytime (and I think they messed up this time and only gave me 5 or something). 

I have to go their on monday.  I hate them.  They are so unfriendly but my other option is to try to see if my old obgyn will give me a prescription when I schedule with her (which is what I want to do)
  • Options
    felicia220felicia220 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hopefully you can get them on Monday or even Tuesday, it will not make that big of a difference being that this is your period week.  I would not double up, doubling up does not lower your risk of getting pregnant when you miss a pill.  You miss a pill and thats it just skip it. So if you get it on Tuesday just start on the Tuesday pill and it won't disrupt your cycle.  I guess I am a little confused, do you not want to take a break because you want to be on BC for your wedding day?  Sorry, I'm a little slow right now.  
  • Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I had a doctor who was making me come in every 6 months for a check up when my old doctor made me come in once a year.  I told her unless she put me on a once a year schedule for my prescription that I would be finding another doctor.  I cannot be bothered to go through alll of this every six months. I'm irritated for you!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Diane, double up on Monday or triple up on Tuesday and use backup BC for a week (condom) you should be all set after that.
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FYI ~ some insurance cos. will once again cover the BC Pill if you have a note from your OBGYN stating you are on it for a medical reason....
    This was the case with me when I worked for a Catholic Hospital. Their plan wouldn't carry it for strictly contraceptive purposes... but I got a note from my doc stating I needed it to regulate my period & they covered it!
    Might be worth looking into...
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Being married is a real thriller! =)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't really recommend trippling up. You can just start on Tuesday or Wed. like  normal - it shouldn't disrupt things too much.
    Also another question - I've had a similar issue in the past when I was unemployed, and although it sucked - I just paid the full price for the BC.  Is this an option for you? PP may then be able to reimburse.   Full price was closer to like $50,  but hey - not getting pregs was worth it to me ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just PMed you :)
  • Options
    DMLJDMLJ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Update:  My BM was able to find a pack from last year.  Hers are similar to mine, but not the exact brand.  I think it should be fine.  I am going to take hers (she no longer takes) and I made an appt. with a dr. that doesnt make me come in for 15$.

As far are the private pay- I figured out that target has Sprintec for 10$ a month.  I was ecstatic when I found out cause I too had been paying 60---- 30 at PP.  So now I"m back to my reg. dr. and just going to request sprintec from now on. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards