New Jersey

Sangria Bridesmaid Dress

Hi everyone! I was hoping to get some opinions on my bridesmaid dress color and shoes. My girls will be wearing the color Sangria from David's Bridal and they have expressed that they would prefer not to do the dyeables. I thought silver shoes may work well as an alternative, but they think black would work better. Has anyone seen those color combinations before? Sangria dress and silver OR black shoes? Thanks so much for you input! This board has really given me some great insight for our April 10th wedding!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sangria Bridesmaid Dress

• uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would definitely do silver or gold.  I don't think black would look right with that color, particularly for a spring wedding.
  • edited December 2011

My dresses are Sangria coloured....

I allowed my BMs to all pick what style they wanted as long as it was long and sangria. So, they did a very good job....a lot of their dresses have silver accents on them and I gave them the option of black or silver shoes. Unfortunately, I don't have the picture on my computer...(my MOH was modeling the dress with her shoes). But it looks very elegant. With the black shoe, it looked a little off. It made the outfit become a bit more wintery with a black shoe. That's my opinion though. :) 

• kewltifkewltif member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I prefer the silver shoes, but black wouldn't bother me if it was a long dress.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    My vote is with silver or gold.  Black is too harsh.
  • edited December 2011
    I think i would vote silver
    Hold On ....Michael Buble
    MTHFR 2 copies of C677t mutation homozygous 2/2010
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby A born via c-section 1/10/12 @38w3d
    BFP #1 11/4/09 m/c 4w3d baby crab
    BFP #2 12/4/09 m/c 9w3d baby lion
    BFP #3 7/1/10 m/c 4w1d baby fish
    BFP #4 5/8/11
    BFP #5 8/17/12 10dpo beta 7
  • edited December 2011
    I would do silver or black. If they are long dresses, honestly it really doesn't matter. You won't even see their shoes. My BMs all wore different style and color shoes.  You didn't see or notice their shoes at all.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone! I am still leaning towards the silver, but we'll see what looks the best.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards