New Jersey
Options

Our first big check!!

We bookd our venue today!! We're having our reception at the Graycliff on Aug. 10, 2013! I'm so excited to have that all set in order. We need to officially book the date with our church during the week, but we know they have the date available (we've met with them and they asked us to hold off on actually holding the date until 2012).

Is anyone else going to the open house at the Graycliff in February? FI and I will be there! :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker
140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

Re: Our first big check!!

• Options
    I'm a Graycliff bride too! We went to the open house last year and had a great time.  Make sure to meet some of the in house vendors because they give you great deals!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Congratulations!  That's a big check :-)
  • Options
    Congrats!!  I'm at the Graycliff this August :)
    And I'll be at the open house too!
  • Options
    xxstardustxxstardust member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_first-big-check-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:9529c989-b5d8-4f14-ac12-0ce6e717a707Post:c91d0ef5-4b16-419a-8175-dca000bb939d">Re: Our first big check!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm a Graycliff bride too! We went to the open house last year and had a great time.  Make sure to meet some of the in house vendors because they give you great deals!
    Posted by HobokenBride2012[/QUOTE]

That's the big reason we're going - to see the DJ/vendors. I actually won't be able to eat most of the food that night, lol. Did you end up using any of the vendors/do you recommend anyone in particular?

Christin, we'll have to meet up and say hi! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_first-big-check-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:9529c989-b5d8-4f14-ac12-0ce6e717a707Post:265683b0-1fcf-44e8-b755-d69029c3b297">Re: Our first big check!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Our first big check!! : That's the big reason we're going - to see the DJ/vendors. I actually won't be able to eat most of the food that night, lol. Did you end up using any of the vendors/do you recommend anyone in particular? Christin, we'll have to meet up and say hi! :)
    Posted by xxstardust[/QUOTE]

We're actually using most of their recommended vendors.  Visit Alex from Ultimate Entertainment, Alex Rodrigues from W8 Photography and Dave from Lyndhurst florists. They're all great.  Also you don't have to pay to feed in house vendors so it saves a few hundred bucks!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Congratulations on the hardest check of all.  And the Graycliff is lovely.

We specifically did NOT choose our venue's (not Graycliff) recommended vendors.  Not only were we not too crazy about them, I'm sure there's some behind the scenes kick-back or something like that and the whole thing kind of offends us.  We decided to just find our own.  There are too many DJ's, photographers, and florists out there not to pick the one you like best.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_first-big-check-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:9529c989-b5d8-4f14-ac12-0ce6e717a707Post:94cbe761-b016-4274-af88-54b3ae574eea">Re: Our first big check!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Our first big check!! : We're actually using most of their recommended vendors.  Visit Alex from Ultimate Entertainment, Alex Rodrigues from W8 Photography and Dave from Lyndhurst florists. They're all great. <strong> Also you don't have to pay to feed in house vendors so it saves a few hundred bucks!</strong>
    Posted by HobokenBride2012[/QUOTE]

Oooh, I didn't know that!
  • Options
    And stardust, yes, definitely :)
  • Options
    I'm a Graycliff bride as well!! Getting married this coming September cant wait! Which room did you end up booking?  I am not using any of their in house vendors except for getting the lighting from them. Everything else I had personal recommendations from. Good luck! What is their open house event I never went? All I ever went to was their food tasting.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_first-big-check-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:9529c989-b5d8-4f14-ac12-0ce6e717a707Post:07cd6052-6271-4e82-aa8f-95e0414fdcc8">Re: Our first big check!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm a Graycliff bride as well!! Getting married this coming September cant wait! Which room did you end up booking?  I am not using any of their in house vendors except for getting the lighting from them. Everything else I had personal recommendations from. Good luck! What is their open house event I never went? All I ever went to was their food tasting.
    Posted by mariasemail86[/QUOTE]
     Their open house is February 17th, and basically they will have all their preferred vendors there, along with food :)  We're going mainly because I want to see my room again (lol) and to speak with the hotel representatives to block rooms.  If you want to go, just call the Graycliff and tell them you want to come to the open house, and they'll put you on the list.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards