North Carolina
Options

hello ladies, quick question

dear ones, i've been reading up, and lovely to meet you new ladies...

quick question, i'm ordering some stamps for people some with names some with monograms, it is my favorite gift to give people who move or newlyweds... i want to place the order tonight but i can't decide about something.

on a stamp with just first names, is it proper to have girl or boy name first.

on a monogram, is the first initial the girls name or boys, example. for russ and i would it be: kPr or rPk

thanks for your help.
and for fun, here is a link to the wonderful stamps!
imageLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: hello ladies, quick question

• Options
    pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure about stamps.  But I know that for other things when using first names/initals the woman's goes first.  So I'd guess that the woman's name, or her initial, would go first here as well.  So in your example you'd be kPr. 

GREAT gift idea btw!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It was always my understanding that until marriage, the girls name/inital comes first but after marriage it changs to the guys name/initial first. That's what I've always went by! :)
  • Options
    LVCKLVCK member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm pretty sure all the wedding/married monograms I've seen have the guy's name first.  I think for first names it really doesn't matter!
  • Options
    JemmessicaJemmessica member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    womans name always goes first on Monograms... other stuff it's up to you!

(it's southern tradition to always put the woman first... I worked in a monogram shop for a while and this is what we did)
  • Options
    LBM7189LBM7189 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_hello-ladies-quick-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:68674777-730f-474a-b18e-0a5e666135e4Post:2f34fb35-c260-4ac5-bd3a-c2aab4d91685">Re: hello ladies, quick question</a>:
    [QUOTE](it's southern tradition to always put the woman first... I worked in a monogram shop for a while and this is what we did)
    Posted by Jemmessica[/QUOTE]

Thank You for saying that!!  My FI does not believe me when I put my name first on stuff!!!  I will now force him to read this post!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

i can think of about 50 other southern traditions that need a quick death. 

• Options
    edited December 2011

Hahaha that's funny LBM!!  I've been wondering if my FI is wondering the same thing because he seems to hesitate, but doesn't say much! So I always laugh inside, haven't said much about it yet.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks ladies

order placed, very excited
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards