New Jersey
Options

Wishing Well for the GROOM

so at my friend's bridal shower they have designated the wishing well to her fiance, with a gardening/tool theme.  What should I get?  I don't want him to wind up with 20 screwdrivers.  Trying to think of something unique. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Wishing Well for the GROOM

• Options
    smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Spackle knife- he'll need those!
    Electrical tape
    Plumber's Putty
    Work gloves
    Band-aids!

Those are just a few ideas- I'm sure if you go to home depot you'll come up with some more as you're walking around.
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Home Depot or Lowes gift card (maybe tied to some gardening gloves or something), emergency car kit, a laser level/picture hanger tool.

• Options
    VanessaB24VanessaB24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Get him a leatherman. http://www.leatherman.com/products/family.asp?f=6&c=1
    I bought one of these for my Fi for his birthday last yr and he loves it. she uses it at work and for around the house.
  • Options
    DandT1206DandT1206 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oooh i like the laser level/picture hanger tool idea!  and band-aids would funny too since he's not very handly

thanks for the ideas so far, ladies!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just got one of those infrared thermometers and have found a lot of uses for it.  Neat gadget.  Tools are tough, because you don't know what he already has....but here are some basics every homeowner should own: A really good LED flashlight (most are complete crap), a craftsman razor blade utility knife, duct tape, laser level /stud finder, electrical outlet voltage tester & digital multimeter, Screwdriver set (can NEVER have enough), drill bits & cordless drill, vise grips, portable socket set, hammer, pipe wrench, adjustable wrench, alan keys, circular saw, hack saw, miter box, 25' tape measure, wire cutters, blue painter's tape,  6' A-frame ladder, pliers, saftey glasses, good set of work gloves.

Most of this stuff is inexpensive, and even the ladder, saw and drill you can find under 40-50 dollars.  Unless they currently own a home, I wouldn't buy any gardening stuff.  We currently have a landscaping service do everything, so anything I would of gotten would of been a waste.
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
    http://tinyurl.com/3jjv7vy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would imagine if they told everyone it was gardening/tool theme, they're not having a lawn service care for their yard.

Some ideas:
    work gloves (you can never have enough, as they get yucky after awhile)
    plastic protective work glasses (for using chain saw, etc)
    caulking gun
    spackle knife
    sandpaper
    toolbox
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my FIL has that infrared thermometer.  we were having too much fun with it.... taking the temperature of our ears, hands, feet, etc.  we're so childish lol

great ideas so far!
  • Options
    smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How come they get the fun tools and we get whisks?
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I originally was set to do all the lawn maint, but when I found out how inexpensive it was, felt my time was well worth NOT doing it!  haha
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
    http://tinyurl.com/3jjv7vy
  • Options
    jtheissjtheiss member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a transplant from the midwest and I've never heard of this "wishing well" business at a shower. Can anyone tell me what the heck this even is?
  • Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    This is one of the cutest ideas I've seen in a long time!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yeah my husband is now jealous he didn't get one!   As much as I love getting gifts, I think they guys should def. get stuff too.  DH could care less if we got a cupcake stand in the wishing well lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What a great idea!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards