New Jersey

Is this reasonable for flowers?

FI and I went to see Manny at Santos in Newark this week and everything sounded great, but I'm not sure how the prices compare to other florists in the area.

We were quoted 2200 for a bridal boquet, 4 BM boquets, 5 corsages, 2 altar pieces, pew bows, and 17 low centerpieces w/ candles, all with hydrangeas, roses and casablana lillies. Does that sound about right?
Wedding Countdown Ticker
140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

Re: Is this reasonable for flowers?

• HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited March 2013
    Try getting a quote from Dave at Lyndhurst florist. He's a preferred vendor of the Graycliff and we were able to get a really good price from him and didn't have to pay a delivery fee. We paid $1100 for 1 bridal bouquet, 4 BM bouquets, 4 corsages, 9 boutineers, 15 low centerpieces, a pomandor and a toss bouquet.  Our flowers were roses, hydrangeas, belles of Ireland and gerber daisies. I suspect the lillies may be driving your price up.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I would also try Adam at AW Flowers. Not sure if he would have your date available, but I'm paying 500 less than you and I'm getting the following...

FYI...Adam's work is amazing!

1 bridal bouquet - calla lillies, hydrangea and roses
    1 MOH bouquet - hydrangea and roses
    7 bridesmaid bouquets - roses
    3 flower girl flower balls with toss petals - roses
    1 groom bout - calla lily
    1 best man bout - hydrangea
    8 groomsmen bouts - roses
    2 mother wristlets - roses
    1 father bout - rose
    3 reader corsages - roses
    2 alter pieces - hydrangea and cherry blossoms
    1 aisle runner
    bows for pews
    20 high centerpieces - pink cherry blossoms
    unlimited votive candles
  • edited March 2013
    I actually met with Manny last Friday and called Monday to book him.  I went to see 3 other florists.  They all came in at 4700+ where Santos came in at 3200.

I'm getting the following:
    Bride Bouquet
    7 Bridesmaids Bouquets
    2 Kissing Balls (for the flower girls)
    12 Boutonniere
    3 Corsages
    Roses for the Blessed Mother
    20 bows for the pews
    and 20 low centerpieces w/candles

He also mentioned they do invitations.  Haven't seen their samples yet but they will take 20% off.

We found out about Santos from my aunt.  They were doing a walk thru at my cousins venue. My aunt said the flowers that were coming in were more and more beautiful then the next.  They used Metropolitan but wished they went with Santos instead
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I will call those two other florists - thanks for the recs! I have until the 18th to put a depost down at Santos. I do love his work, but want to comparison shop. He does give 10% off for teachers, which will help a little.

We looked at their invite books, Future - they were nice! If you're still looking for invites,  you might want to look at Invitations by Dawn online, too. They'rre having a big sale right now - 20% everything, 25%  off if you spend $150, and 30% off if you spend $250! And it's so easy to spend $250 ...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

• I used Manny and LOVED my flowers!!! They were better than I had even imagined. I highly recommend him!
  • edited March 2013
    I'm far out from actually needing to order them.  But I liked that he would let me take the books home to go over.  He said I can pick out font, wording, and design now then he will make me a sample.  If I want things changed he'll make me another one with the changes if not, he'll hold on to it and when I'm reading to order I just have to call him with how many i need.

With so much going on I'm trying to get as much done as possible now.  I'll keep an eye on invitations by Dawn.  Thanks for the recommendation :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Sigh. Haven't even looked at flowers yet but had no idea they were that expensive.
  • Flowers are not something I was willing to splurge on.  A few people told me I'd wind up spending between 7-9k.  To me, that seemed like a waste. Because we have a large bridal party I figured I would have to spend at least 4k.   I'm going with what is in season, keeping the centerpieces low and simple, and skipping flowers at the church.  If I was crafty I'd probably try to DIY.  But there are plenty of options.  Try not to stress :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I would say definitely skip the church flowers.... everyone will be looking at you anyway!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards