North Carolina
Options

booked photographer!

Hi ladies
I am using Moments by Heather Edmunds. She is an undiscovered photographer. I used her for my graduation pictures and I am excited to use her for our wedding photos. She is from Charlotte, but is going to travel to do engagement pics, bridal portraits and wedding day!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
11-12-11
Image and video hosting by TinyPicVisit The Knot! Visit Purple.weddings.com

Two Become One

November 12, 2011

288 invited
163 accepted!
9 can't make it
116 haven't responded yet....
RSVP Date October 12, 2011

Re: booked photographer!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I hate to say this, but having looked up Moments by Heather Edmunds I am really worried for you about your wedding photos. I can tell just looking at the photos that she doesn't use professional equipment and there are a lot of serious technical problems with her photos. It also looks like she has ZERO wedding experience. $350 for 8 hours should be your first sign that you're not hiring a professional. Just wanted to put that out there because I've read so many bad stories here about brides who regretted hiring photographers who weren't professionals. You can redo a portrait session - you can't redo your wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I know she is not a professional. She was a co-worker turned friend of mine. :D
    they all have to start somewhere. I have seen many brides on TK whom have used unprofessional service providers and the work was amazing. I trust her, but thanks for  being concerned. that's why I love TK! everyone has your back lol The planner said the same thing and my mom hired a "secondary" photographer... I don't know whom they are though but I'm excited about Heather.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    11-12-11

Two Become One

November 12, 2011

288 invited
    163 accepted!
    9 can't make it

• Options
    pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Re: the "secondary" photographer.  Be sure both photogs know that the other will be there.  Some photogs have in their contracts that there can't be another hired photographer for the same event.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_booked-photographer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:6b2bb79c-8b40-4ec0-a610-18df26eb6ad4Post:8ecd323c-a95b-45c8-95dc-0866411fb02a">Re: booked photographer!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Re: the "secondary" photographer.  Be sure both photogs know that the other will be there.  Some photogs have in their contracts that there can't be another hired photographer for the same event.
    Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]
    Oh no! I will definitely ask about the contract
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    11-12-11

Two Become One

November 12, 2011

288 invited
    163 accepted!
    9 can't make it

• Options
    Hi,

I just wanted to personally say to Ellfay, I appreciate the concern you had for Krystal. I also appreciate your feedback about my photos. My prices are as they are for a reason. Krystal was one of my first shoots, and I do not feel the necessity to overcharge for something I love doing. I have plenty of customers who love my work and the equipment I use to take their pictures with. No, I have not photographed a wedding at this time, but wedding photography and capturing those moments, is no different than any thing else. I do have a license, and I am now a professional and I have no problem with constructive critism, but I would appreciate any public comments to be positive, if there is something you feel I should change or you know more about, please feel free to email me at any time. hedmunds09@gmail.com

Thanks& Have a Wonderful day!

Moments by Heather Edmunds
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards