New Jersey
Options

Oasis Music review?

Hi all!

Sorry I am post exploding here. Talk about delay planning and now realizing I have 6 months!  Anyway....went to go see Oasis Music last weekend, we liked them a lot, good pricing, and most likely will book. Just wondering if anyone else has used them? Reviews?

Thanks!

Re: Oasis Music review?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Depends on what you are looking for.  I saw them perform at our tasting as they were the reception's house band.  We didn't use them.

They sounded good, but were very loud, and "boomy."  The drum set was behind a plastic shield too.  The band we used didn't have that plastic shield and had none of those problems.  If the room you will be in is very large, this may not be a problem.

They also play many top 40 and "club" songs and provide an optional plasma light show.  I found the lights annoying myself, as they were glaring in my eyes while we were eating, but they do look cool.  If you want to mix it up with the club music they are def worth looking into as not many bands do that.  Note, however, that they use pre-recorded backing tracks for most of these songs.  Being a musician myself, I couldn't appreciate that while paying for a 9 piece set, and went with a more traditional band.  Also, my FI (at the time) was turned off a bit when we viewed their demo cd and saw them singing the song at a wedding "....The way you ride it girl......makes the fella's go..."
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
    http://tinyurl.com/3jjv7vy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the review! We actually didn't get to see them out at a showcase, we saw them at their own private studio, so what you said about them being loud now makes me nervous! It was hard to tell being that the room we were in was just a small studio.

We def don't want any of the poppy music, we are more into oldies, classic, which they said they do. My family is old school Italian so they would die if they played some of the new age songs..Applebottom jeans and such songs! ha
    We did like that they sang Italian though, that was a plus for me. But now I don't know! YIKE!

What band did you end up going with if you don't mind me asking.

Thanks again for your honesty!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used smokinsection.  Check out their website.  They play a lot of wedding classics, and have a very jazzy sound due to their killer brass section.  They also do a very good job with soul, and funk, if you are into that.  They also offer private showcases every few weeks.
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
    http://tinyurl.com/3jjv7vy
  • Options
    chrissy31805chrissy31805 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my friend used them for her wedding and i thought they sounded amazing. she used them for a few italian songs and they did a great job with those songs too. i didnt think they were too loud and they popular songs they sang sounded really good. the only negative was that they took alot of breaks and there were some moments with no music and we were kind of all looking at each other and were waiting to hear the next song
  • Options
    laur1019laur1019 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked Oasis after seeing them on NYE at a party. They were amazing. We went to see their showcase and then booked them. Our friends that were with us NYE also booked them for their wedding a month after mine. Hope this helps...
  • Options
    imagrl10imagrl10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i booked them for my wedding. i saw them at their studio too and really liked them. i thought they were decently priced compared to other italian-american bands. i have seem them at other weddings also and thought they were great. they can be loud, but just tell them you dont want them that loud. i told them when i booked and they were fine with that. they have been very accomodating with songs that i want played, and these are random songs that arent very popular.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards