New Jersey
Options

Lake Valhalla Club

Hi,
I went to Valhalla yesterday to sign my contract for my wedding (planning for next summer).  When we got there (at around 7), the place was PACKED with members and their children.  I had been told that it was much less crowded at that time on a Saturday, since they didn't serve food to members and since it was an "unwritten rule" that once members saw that a wedding was being set up, they stayed out of the way.  But looking around last night, I got very nervous.  I am going back on Aug 4 to see how the place looks right before a wedding begins.  I was curious as to whether anyone had been to a wedding or had their wedding (or was planning to have their wedding) during the summer months at Valhalla and if so, how many members were around at the time of the wedding?
Thanks!

Re: Lake Valhalla Club

• Options
    My fiance and I went to look at LVC on a Saturday in July last year- there were definitely 10 or so club members on the beach. There wasn't a wedding that night so not sure if they really stay out of the way, but I know there are several LVC brides on this board who will chime in!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    205 invited image
    160 are ready to party image
    45 are missing out image
    0 can't find their mailbox image
    RSVP Deadline: October 1, 2012
  • Options
    I went to a wedding there in April this year and there were about 5 members there the whole time we were outside (cocktail time).............. one was a woman running - she ran by twice, no big deal.......the others were in the playground area off to the side...not in the way AT ALL......and the photographer didn't catch a single photos wtih them in the background, so i'd say they stayed out of the way.......
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I'm having my wedding at LVC next October.  When we went for our tasting the restaurant was packed...which I take as a good sign.  Since it is not open on the weekends I didn't even think twice about it.  I actually talked to Perry about it and he said its never a problem.  My concern was the members coming into the bar (bc that's open) and swiping some cocktail hour food.  As you know, doing a Saturday evening wedding there isn't cheap after the 150 person min haha.  So I really didn't want that happening.  Plus its tacky.  lol  He assured me it wasn't going to be a problem and even wrote it into the contract that members will not be allowed to eat the wedding food.  He'll make sure someone is watching.

The impression I got from him is the members understand that weddings are what keep there dues low...so they stay out of the way.  But if its a concern def talk to Perry. He has been great to us this whole time and is always ready to bend over backwards to accommodate.

Question.  Are you doing your ceremony there?  My FI and were going to have ours at a church but now we're thinking about doing it there.  The lake as a back drop would be beautiful....plus it would be easier for the guests, logistically.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you everyone :)  I definitely feel better about it.  I really love Valhalla and so does my fiance!

Shanny - I am having my ceremony there - the lake is so beautiful!  Let me know if you have any questions. 
  • Options
    FI grew up as a member at LVC, and he said that there definitely is an "unwritten rule" about private events.  People in the community are very respectful, so I doubt it will be a problem.  
    I've also attended a wedding at LVC, which was absolutetly amazing. Cocktail hour was held outside, with the cold display inside.  There were members on the beach, nobody came anywhere near the event.  Even members who knew the couple stayed clear of the event.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Good to know! We've also booked our reception there for April. Still love the venue!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards