New Jersey

Holding the rings??

So we don't have a ringbearer (and I've heard you shouldn't give the actual rings to the ringbearer anyway), so the Best Man will be holding our wedding rings.. They are currently each in their own ring box, which are kind of bulky. I would imagine if he put those two boxes in his pocket he'd have a huge bulge, lol.

Girls that didn't have a ring bearer..did the Best Man just hold the rings in their boxes, or did you do something different? I'm looking for ideas/suggestions..

Thanks!

Re: Holding the rings??

• kristen8040kristen8040 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our BM kept them in their individual boxes which in the end was kind of wacky because they were so bulky.  I'd either both them in the same box or but them in a little bag.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • goaliegirlgoaliegirl member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We had a ring bearer but of course he didn't hold the real rings.  The Best Man held the rings.  I kept them in the boxes until right before the ceremony, then we gave them to him and he just put them in his jacket pocket.   Then all he had to do was reach into his pocket and give them to the officiant.
  • cindyn9178cindyn9178 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_holding-rings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:a4e6b9dc-971a-4069-9f83-52e4f20a4349Post:7a645525-6b51-4ea6-9ab1-b4de292e17a4">Re: Holding the rings??</a>:
    [QUOTE]We had a ring bearer but of course he didn't hold the real rings.  The Best Man held the rings.  I kept them in the boxes until right before the ceremony, then we gave them to him and he just put them in his jacket pocket.   Then all he had to do was reach into his pocket and give them to the officiant.
    Posted by goaliegirl[/QUOTE]

hmmm not a bad idea.. just not sure where we'd keep the boxes until right before the ceremony.. if FI put them in his pocket, then he'd have a big bulge in his pocket for all the pics..

I was thinking about a pouch, but I'd be terrified worriying that they were going to fall out of the pouch.. I'd love to find something small and zippered that they could go in.
  • felicia220felicia220 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had a box that held both rings at once.  But you could always use a small velvet jewelry bag ( you can get them from your jeweler).  
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_holding-rings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:a4e6b9dc-971a-4069-9f83-52e4f20a4349Post:9d1bd59d-a438-43b0-8b5f-5985fed21b1b">Re: Holding the rings??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Holding the rings?? : hmmm not a bad idea.. just not sure where we'd keep the boxes until right before the ceremony.. if FI put them in his pocket, then he'd have a big bulge in his pocket for all the pics.. I was thinking about a pouch, but I'd be terrified worriying that they were going to fall out of the pouch.. I'd love to find something small and zippered that they could go in.
    Posted by cindyn9178[/QUOTE]

My mom actually held the box in her purse until just before the ceremony.  We had the ceremony at our venue and took all our pictures there beforehand, so my mom was with us the whole time.
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_holding-rings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:a4e6b9dc-971a-4069-9f83-52e4f20a4349Post:47e58b2f-d618-4283-8ecf-7ae07e43e6ee">Re: Holding the rings??</a>:
    [QUOTE]We had a box that held both rings at once.  But you could always use a small velvet jewelry bag ( you can get them from your jeweler).  
    Posted by felicia220[/QUOTE]

I didn't know they made boxes that held two rings.. where did you get that?
  • mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_holding-rings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:a4e6b9dc-971a-4069-9f83-52e4f20a4349Post:47e58b2f-d618-4283-8ecf-7ae07e43e6ee">Re: Holding the rings??</a>:
    [QUOTE]We had a box that held both rings at once.
    Posted by felicia220[/QUOTE]

We did this. I requested one from the jeweler when we ordered my band.

You know, actually, I have no idea if our Best Man had them in the box or loose in his pocket. He could always keep them on his hands if need be (FI's on his finger and yours on his pinky ... or he could keep yours and MOH can wear FI's on her thumb).
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_holding-rings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:a4e6b9dc-971a-4069-9f83-52e4f20a4349Post:b01bb1d5-d9fe-4747-985e-cdfc89bd3bbc">Re: Holding the rings??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Holding the rings?? : We did this. I requested one from the jeweler when we ordered my band. You know, actually, I have no idea if our Best Man had them in the box or loose in his pocket. He could always keep them on his hands if need be (<strong>FI's on his finger and yours on his pinky ... or he could keep yours and MOH can wear FI's on her thumb).
    </strong>Posted by mbcdefg[/QUOTE]

Lol its funny you say that.. FI's finger is a size 13.. my MOH is my sister.. she is very petite, her thumb is probably a size 1.. LOL.. that would be a pretty funny sight :) maybe she could wear it as a bracelet.. lol

I will see if I can get a box that holds two rings from the jeweler. Thanks!
  • K&J64K&J64 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm toying with the idea of actually letting my nephew (the ring bearer) hold the rings on his pillow. I wouldn't put them on there until right before he walks down the aisle, he's a good listener so I'm not worried about him throwing the pillow around or anything like that. But if he accidentally drops it, maybe that would be bad....

For those tht didn't have the ring bearer hold the actual rings, did you give him fake rings? Or just an empty pillow?

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    We gave FI's best man the rings right before the processional. He kept both rings in 1 box and slipped that into his pocket.
  • TaraK22TaraK22 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't have a ring bearer - our jeweler gave us a velvet bag type thing and our BM kept the rings in it inside his jacket pocket.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Wow i never would have even thought of this.  Glad it was brought up!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Faith2730Faith2730 member
    edited December 2011
    We are not having a ring bearer. I actually purchased a tiny ring pouch that I plan to put the rings in and give to the best man. The ring pouch came out really cute and was cheap! The lady incorporated our wedding colors.
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is to keep it from opening and the rings falling out? That is what I'm afraid of..
  • Faith2730Faith2730 member
    edited December 2011
    It's one of those little pouches that you pull tight. It also has a safety little pocket that the rings go in.
    edited December 2011
    n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_holding-rings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:a4e6b9dc-971a-4069-9f83-52e4f20a4349Post:3929523a-a751-4fd1-9666-02cc580107e0">Re: Holding the rings??</a>:
    [QUOTE]What is to keep it from opening and the rings falling out? That is what I'm afraid of..

If the BM has them in his pocket and you give them to him just before the ceremony, I would hope they wouldn't fall out of his pocket walking down the aisle and standing there.
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I guess we'll just need to coordinate who is bringing the rings to the church since I won't be seeing the BM beforehand, and I don't think FI should carry them in the box because of the bulge.. and I'm afraid anybody else would forget... I'll figure out something. thanks for the ideas!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_holding-rings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:a4e6b9dc-971a-4069-9f83-52e4f20a4349Post:d95e55ed-dd12-47b1-ba97-aeaed51adff5">Holding the rings??</a>:
    [QUOTE] I would imagine if he put those two boxes in his pocket he'd have a huge bulge, lol.

Sorry. I must be 12 today because I am chucking at the "huge bulge."

I was planning to let the BM hold the rings. He can fit FI ring on his own hand and mine will go most of the way up his pinky. If I give this guy a task he will make himself insane to ensure it is done. You can also give the MOH your ring and the BM can hold FI ring.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards