New Jersey
Options

Addressing Save the Dates

Hey everyone!

Our Save the Dates came in, and we're super excited!  Only issue is, I was trying to do a test run through our printer, and I just can't seem to get it right!  Anyone ever put those small save the date envelopes through their printer with success??

Re: Addressing Save the Dates

• Options
    No, we used labels for the save the dates.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    agu101agu101 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_addressing-save-the-dates-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:a609affe-884d-462e-9f58-7dec7f713acfPost:e37a44db-46e5-4b00-9fc5-195abcf31cc4">Re: Addressing Save the Dates</a>:
    [QUOTE]No, we used labels for the save the dates.
    Posted by Briannasteve[/QUOTE]

<div>Same here!  (Although the proper thing is to hand address these, but quite frankly we were already behind and I just wanted to get them out)</div>
    Anniversary Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com
  • Options
    I used a bottle of wine and a pen... worked just fine!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I thought about typing them, but getting it to print correctly is always such a pain. FI and I sat  and hand wrote them, and it only took us about a half hour or so to get through about 80-85 of them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

• Options
    I wrote mine out by hand as well. It didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_addressing-save-the-dates-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:a609affe-884d-462e-9f58-7dec7f713acfPost:08668e95-abaa-4e0a-b2c0-1fcc1760b3bd">Re: Addressing Save the Dates</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Addressing Save the Dates : Same here!  (Although the proper thing is to hand address these, but quite frankly we were already behind and I just wanted to get them out)
    Posted by agu101[/QUOTE]

<div>I was always under the assumption that labels for save the dates are fine. It is the invites that should be hand-written.</div><div>
    </div><div>In my opinion, save the dates are not necessary, so there is no "rule" on how they should be addressed. Invites are formal - and should not be "labeled."</div>
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Options
    I also used labels, they were clear avery labels from staples and the package tells you what template to download so you just fill the names in, it was really easy, just make sure you get the proper ones for your printer (inkjet vs. laser)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The bottle of wine sounds good! ;)
    ***March Siggy Challenge: Hair Inspiration*** Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards