New Jersey
Options

People not invited...annoying

I just heard that a few people in my office aren't exactly happy with my decision of who we invited to the wedding from the office. I decided to only invite my immediate bosses. I work in a smaller office but it's not like there is only 4 of us. These aren't people I hang out with after work, I haven't been at the company for years and years and everyone knew we were on a budget. They also just let someone go on Friday which made me think it was a good thing we didn't invite everyone so there wouldn't be any awkward situations.
Would you send out an email individually saying something along the lines we wish we were able to invite everyone but we are on a budget ect. or should I just let it go?

Re: People not invited...annoying

• Options
    maddie7maddie7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Let it go, its your perrogative who to invite, you don't need to explain it... My FI is getting "Still waiting for my invitation...." This is his 1st year there, and it would mean a whole other table of invites...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Let it go. If they ask you directly you can say that, but I wouldn't open up the can of worms.
    *~allie~*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would just leave it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    No, don't send an e-mail. Don't address it at all.

How did everyone find out about who was invited?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I say let it go. If someone specifically asks you then I would tell them why but I wouldn't send an email.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thanks ladies. I will leave it alone, you're right. My intensions weren't to offend anyone but it just baffles me that someone can says it's rude to not invite the entire office.

mcb, I'm really not sure. It had to be one of my bosses. This is what I'm thinking. We sent our invites out and after that time one of the guys got promoted to "Director". I think some how someone asked him if he was invited. Then word spread around.

• Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Ugh. That sucks that they opened their mouth like that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i let the people that i invited  in the office know that not everyone was invited even within my department.... ( i work in an office of 70 and i invited 6 people) .... i don't want anyones feelings hurt so I asked them nicely to not chat about it unless it was general wedding stuff.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also only invited the immediate people I work with, I can't afford to invite another 20 people that work within my department. FI on the other hand invited everyone, and just called me to tell me his boss said he didn't get the invitation...right, I'm sure his wife saw it in the mail and had no idea who it was from so she put it aside and forgot about it. I'm praying for at least 30 declines.....I wish people would understand that there is money involved and you can't just invite everyone you know.
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Let it go.  It is wrong of them to make you feel bad.  Everyone has to make decisions regarding who they are inviting to their wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, they can't expect you to invite people you barely speak to. Your paying for them so don't feel bad. Your wedding should be attended by people you want to party with on this special occassion.

Good Luck Hun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards