New Jersey
Options

I've said it before...

and I'll say it again. I miss you NJ!

Are any of you planning your weddings in NJ from afar?

I'm planning from VT- it's been a wild ride.

What's been tough is that the way "we" do things in Jersey isn't the way "they" do things here.

When I come home to visit one of my favorite parts is feeling like the "normal" one again.

Does that make sense?

Anyway- I love that there is an NJ board. It's so nice to hear about NJ brides.

Re: I've said it before...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I know exactly what you mean! I am planning my NJ wedding from Maine! I am lucky enough to have a schedule that allows me to return often but I still miss it and wish I was there full time doing it.

Have you planned anything so far?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We planned our from GA and got married 2 weeks ago. All in all wasn't that bad. Yes, things can be very different in other states than they are in NJ - but keep in mind it's about what you want. DH and I are both from NJ and miss sometimes sometimes, but isn't there a reason why you moved to VT? We've grown to love GA just as much.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am planning a NJ wedding from Boston! Love NJ and would totally move back if the opportunity presented itself. My whole family is in NJ but FI's is here. I moved out here right after college. I do love Boston though! It is great!

There are just so many things that I miss from NJ! Every time I am home, I have to have a "good" bagel. Nothing beats NJ/NY pizza--Oh  and taylor ham! No taylor ham in Boston--just a Jersey thing!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The wedding is planned- we get married July 31st! woohoo!

I know what you mean- as the date gets closer it's harder and harder to leave NJ and go home.

I've been in VT temporarily to help my FILS with their family business, it was struggling  through the downturn of the economy. It's doing better now and the plan was to help and then when they didn't need us to go move out of here. So we're moving to Boston- middle ground for both of us- but first we're going to get married, go on our HM and then travel Europe for an undetermined amount of time. We figure we'll never get this opportunity again. In between jobs and moving and all.

Jaime- I love your picture and your red shoes so adorable!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Kasa- I'm moving to Bean town in September when we come back from traveling.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ali. :) You don't have much time left until your wedding. Must be nice to be able to travel - that's exciting. I know what you girls mean about pizza and bagels. lol. I try to bring bagels down here but no one tastes the difference. It's frustrating. But we do have some decent pizza here.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have just started the planning... from Buffalo NY.... oh how I miss being home with all my friends and family to help and support!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am planning from NC...thankfully I teach in a year round school which gives me two weeks off at a time which has helped with trips up north and my mom has really been amazing do all the running around.  I totally get the ting about them not doing it the same...Their wedding here in NC are different and on a much smaller scale.  I miss NJ so much...the beach, the food, family, and friends.  In the planning process I've really missed being there for certain things like when dresses came or ordering things and such.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards