North Carolina

Your Wedding Website- privacy?

Where did you create a wedding website where your guests could access everything?  Is there an option for privacy?  I don't know if I want our info to be indexed in search engines. 

Re: Your Wedding Website- privacy?

• edited December 2011
    I'm using glosite.  I like that people have to sign in using their email address so random prying eyes can't take a look :)
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The knot lets you password protect your pages. I've had trouble with their website though.

I'm using weebly.  I haven't put our full names on our website to help with it not being as easily searchable, although I'm sure if someone tried hard enough it would be possible to find.  I haven't tried to password protect the weebly site. 
  • edited December 2011
    I used mywedding.com, there is a privacy option where people have to request to see the pages and you decide which email addresses can access it.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ecuchikaecuchika member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI is in the process of making our wedding website.  No help on what he is using b/c he is creating it from scratch.  but we are password protecting it.  You will be prompted to enter a password before you will have acess to it. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for posting the alternatives to the Knot wedding pages.  Ecu- I thought about just creating it and hosting it on my website. Just not sure I want to invest that much time!
  • edited December 2011
    Ours is on weddingwire.com it has really nice free pages that are easily organized and updated as well as password proctected.Hope this helps.
    Be still and know... Wedding Countdown Ticker www.weddingwire.com/teamfaison
  • ecuchikaecuchika member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_wedding-website-privacy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:6ed56ca7-46a4-4a03-857d-2dd69589b819Post:bfca295b-bbd8-4cd3-8e87-4e4a69c72b9f">Re: Your Wedding Website- privacy?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for posting the alternatives to the Knot wedding pages.  Ecu- I thought about just creating it and hosting it on my website. <strong>Just not sure I want to invest that much time!</strong>
    Posted by CLTKate[/QUOTE]

Yea, some girls have those template designs but still invest loads of time into them anyways. At least you will have more options on what you want to do. I feel restricted on TK wedding website.  Plus Fi is going to do the work and he said he isn't going to put much effort into it. 

I told FI to turn out wedding website into a photosharing place where our guests can upload photos with us.
  • edited December 2011
    i'm using weddingchannel.com... which is through theknot.com anyways, i think. it is password protected and i love it! good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards