New Jersey
Options

Venetian Menu

We went this week to finalize our menu choices. It was really easy.  First she showed us swatches of linens/napkins. We went with lack on black only because I despise white colored linens and the black wont look dreary considering our centerpieces, lighting,flatware, dishes, glassware etc.

After that she began by naming all of our stations which were so numerous to name. If you've seen the catalog you get all that and MORE! For our meal we chose chauteu briand over the petit filet mignon. Difference is the chateu is sliced and they can get a etter read on how it is cooking since it is sliced.  For the chicken we chose the french cut with sun drie tomato. mozzarella and prosciutto.  Our fish dish is the seafood trio of swordfish, salmon an shrimp. We went with this for the variety. Other options were swordfish, potato encrusted seabass, etc. She also had a book of cakes, which we already chose from petit le gateu and a book of ice sculptures.

Over all awesome experience. We are 49 days out I can NOT believe it! Any questions you can email me Miamarie33@aol.com

Re: Venetian Menu

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Very exciting to hear.  Did you need to set up an appointment to choose your cake with petit le gateu OR just choose your cake with the Venetian.  I am confused on how this works. I thought you get a standard cake unless you want something different which you would have to pay for.  

• Options
    ChloeMarieChloeMarie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We set up a cake tasting with Le Petit and brought a picture of the cake we liked. They said they could do it in buttercream, therefore there would be no extra charge. If you want fondant, etc. then yes it would be extra. When we went the other day to the Venetian she took out a book and began showing us pictures of cakes but we informed her that we had already been to Le Petit Gateu to choose our cake and she just made note of it. The cake tasting btw was amazing :) 
  • Options
    Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm glad to hear it went well.  Sounds like there are a decent amount of linen options. Yours sounds nice with black and lace on top.

Are you using the Marriott for your hotel? I have to call for a shuttle, wish they had their own.  If so, did you use TBT limo services?

Your menu sounds delicious too.  I'll probably pm or email you if I think of anything else! Thanks for the update!

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honestly we're not doing a shuttle. The cheapest quote we received was $800 and the Venetian is 5 mins away. We do have some friends staying at the hotel but only 2 are actually "out of town" in the sense of flying etc. The rest are driving anyways. We will arrange transportation for those without a car. but we really can't spare $800 for a shuttle to take a few people literally 5 mins away. Have you gotten any cheaper quotes?? If so please share!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    CholeMarie,

Thanks! I will defly be setting up an appointment for a cake tasting!! They don't use Palermos anymore right?  

Thanks for your help!
  • Options
    Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was quoted $705 by TBT earlier.  I really don't want to keep spending $ but at this point we're probably just going to do it. Unfortunately I won't know how many people are using the hotel prior to giving them a deposit, so it will be kind of annoying if we pay for a shuttle for say 10 people lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey ladies! Palermo's is still a cake vendor for the Venetian but I got the feeling there is bad blood between them because when I spoke to one of the sales people at the Venetian the woman was "pushing" Le Petit on me. Either way, I suggest do a tasting at both places to see and taste their cakes. Palermo's has a slideshow of cakes that you can get for no extra charge, but they nail you on any upgrades. Le Petit will definitely throw in more options.

I'm using TBT for shuttle transportation from the Hilton. I'm not positive but I believe we're paying in the ballpark of $650+. The woman has been a royal PIA to deal with FYI. Let me know if you have any questions for me. I'm exactly 3 weeks away. AH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the information Rinski!

I will definitely be looking into both bakeries.  As for the hotels, I need to get busy looking into which one to book.  
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you Riski
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards