New Jersey
Options

Palermo's cake tasting - check!

FI and I had our cake tasting at Palermo's on Friday.  The cake is included in our venue's package, so the cake options are pretty basic (buttercream frosting, no sugar flowers included).  We looked at their cake pics online before we went, so we had a good idea of what we wanted in advance, which was helpful.  In and out in 30 minutes.  The cake was good, but some flavors definitely stood out over others.  I am not a big cake person, but this was one of the things FI was looking forward to the most :)
Anniversary

Re: Palermo's cake tasting - check!

• Options
    We used Palermo's a well. What flavors did you decide on?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We also used Palermo's.  Let me tell you our cake tasted delicious the day of the wedding and it also tasted great a year later!  We recently celebrated our year anniversary and I thought the defrosted cake was going to taste gross.  It actually was still delicious!!
  • Options
    We're also using Palermo's - will let you know how the cake is in 25 days! Surprised
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    They are our baker as well. They drew out a cake for us - can't wait!! We picked chocolote with Baci filling. YUM
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_palermos-cake-tasting-check?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:adef75b8-3424-480d-ab44-3f78ed2998e0Post:e9d57d87-199c-4e36-b986-45f30250f79a">Re: Palermo's cake tasting - check!</a>:
    [QUOTE]They are our baker as well. They drew out a cake for us - can't wait!! We picked chocolote with Baci filling. YUM
    Posted by tropicalpalmleaf[/QUOTE]

That was one of the 3 flavors we chose. It was yummy.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We are using Palermo's as well as they are part of the package from our Venue.  It was definitely a difficult decision but we ended up with the lemon cake.  We felt it was light and refreshing and it wasn't heavy. 
  • Options
    We're also using Palermo's because its part of our venu's package.  I've heard great things about their cakes! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    What flavors did you choose? We're using them and picked out the design through our venue but never went for a tasting. Our wedding is in less than 2 weeks so we are skipping the tasting.
  • Options
    We chose the vanilla cake with hazelnut filling and red velvet.  However, the vanilla cake with lemon filling was SO good that I'm thinking of swapping the red velvet for that.  I personally love lemon flavored cake but I'm not sure if that is a popular opinion.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Im also using Palermo. The cake tasting was nice. My fi is the big cake eater. when enjoy and very nice the cakes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards