New Jersey
Options

Need Help! BAND/Music Florentine Gardens

Hi everyone!
I am getting married at the Florentine Gardens in 2011.
Has anyone used their house band? We went to see a showcase, and they were very well rounded- but incredibly loud.

Does anyone have any other great bands they can recommend?

Re: Need Help! BAND/Music Florentine Gardens

• Options
    Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using The Projekt and we love them!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    the house band was really good at florentine, but i didn't use them.  I used starlyte entertainment and was extremely extremely pleased. www.starlyte.com
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    laurenross01laurenross01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for the advice!
  • Options
    PingkypopPingkypop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello venue twin... I've been to their band showcase and you're right - there's one singer there that was loud but overall good. We are getting a DJ so can't help with band referrals
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    :) so exciting!  I'm really glad I went with Florentine, seems like I don't have to worry about much which is great!

• Options
    lrc221lrc221 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We decided not to go with the house band.  Personally, I wasn't very impressed with them at the showcase.  Originally, I thought that maybe it was an off night for them but then I saw them perform at a wedding several months later and I still wasn't that impressed.  We looked around and then decided to go with The Jason Craig Band.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for your honesty. They were good- but I am not sure I loved them which being one of the staples of the night I would need to. I actually emailed Jason Craig about an hour ago- so glad I read your reply!
  • Options
    acablitasacablitas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, didn't know there were a lot of FG girls on the board now.  :)  Hi ladies!

I didn't go to the band showcase even though they called us a lot to attend them.  I've heard a lot of good things about the in-house band, but we're having a dj instead.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats 2 MONTHS!!!  :)
  • Options
    PingkypopPingkypop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WoW! Glad to know of Florentine Brides here.... Chat with you soon! I actually have plenty of questions Cool
  • Options
    AnFBlondieAnFBlondie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yay 9/10/11 Florentine bride here!!  Lauren, we did not get a chance to check out the house band, but we actually booked Paris! My fiance and I went to a bridal show last week to see them perform because we heard how amazing and fun they were! They really impressed us! Plus, they are very reasonable compared to other bands we were looking at! The main singer is amazing!! I suggest you see when their next showcase is!  Hope I helped!!

PS- Are any brides here doing the lighting package??
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome I will check them out too! I'm so glad I've found this chat room!
    I won't be doing the whole lighting package, I really like the spotlight for when we are announced, but I wasn't in love with the room changing color options, I guess I just like the room as it is! Either way Sal seems to know his stuff and I am impressed with all they offer!
    Thanks everyone for your advice! This is great!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Lauren,

We checked out a bunch of NY and NJ bands and DJs.  After shopping around we came accross a company called John Arden Music (google them!)  They were a blend of both worlds and we got everything for $3000!

Cocktail hour live musician, DJ/Emcee, 2 man acoustic band.

We liked how they were non weddingy (word??)  John is an award winning musician and brought such a talented guitarist.  They played all of our requests.  If we would have went with a 7 piece band, we would have spent twice as much and not been as happy.  We made a great decision.

Check them out and good luck!!

Deb
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards