New Jersey

Wedding Venue HELP!

Hi everyone! New on the boards...been engaged since November but just amped our venue search! So far, we've seen:

Il Tulipano
The Palace at Somerset Park
The Meadow Wood Manor

We really like these but still don't feel like we've found "it." Can anyone suggest anything that encompasses the elegance of the Palace with the warmth of the Manor and perhaps the affordability of Il Tulipano? Does this magical place exist? 

We have also seen The Atrium, The James Ward Mansion and Seasons and have nixed those three. 

Any other thoughts? Any suggestions would be welcome and helpful...if possible to include pricing for the fall of 2014, I'd send the greatest thoughts your way! 

Thanks everyone!! 

--C

Re: Wedding Venue HELP!

• I would recommend checking out The Knoll West.  It has elegance and warmth, and I think the pricing is similar to Meadow Wood (it may even be less).  It was absolutely beautiful (and our #2 choice), but we felt it would be too big for our guest list of 140.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Il Tulipano encompassed it ALL for me! It had the warmth and the elegance ... And to have it all to yourself for the day makes it even more magical...
  • The ballroom at the Madison Hotel in convent station.   Also try the Old Mill Inn but that may be too rustic for you.  Maybe the Birchwood Manor
  • We are having our wedding at The Knoll West in June, we really love it and Il Tulipano was our second choice, we wanted something intimate that didn't have the "wedding factory" feel.  It's on a beautiful golf course, and we are a big golf family so that was a plus for us too....other places we looked at were mayfair farms (very pretty and affordable, my cousins got married here so we wanted something different), the manor (loved other weddings we attended here but it felt old and multiple weddings go on at once) westmount cc(multiple weddings at once, didn't get a good vibe from the man we met with) the grove (too $$ and cold) Valley Regency (nice, just not our style)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am a Palace bride and the two venues I thought were similar were the Estate at Florentine Gardens and the Westmount Country Club.  EFG was too expensive for us and WCC was too glitzy for us.  You might also want to check out the Venetian.  Unfortunately I do not know their pricing.  Good luck!

• B2Z728B2Z728 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2013
    I don't know how many people you need to accommodate, but check out the Ramsey Golf and Country Club for an intimate unique setting, that would comfortably fit about 130-150 people. 

ETA: my picture below and the pro pics I've linked in my sig will show you more photos of the RG&CC.
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • OMG, thanks so much for the quick suggestions! 

We're having a rather small affair, by comparison I guess, no more than 125 people and are really having trouble finding THE place...something as mentioned, elegant but warm, wouldn't feel too cavernous and has nice outdoor grounds. 

Thanks so much! Any other thoughts, keep 'em coming!

--C
  • We only had 125 too, and found the small guarantee a challenge with a lot of venues.  That is actually how we wound up booking the Palace, and had to switch from a Saturday to a Friday because of it.  Good luck looking... you will find it! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards