New Jersey
Options

Uplighting/stony hill inn

hey girls, I can't decide if it's worth it to get uplighting at the stony hill inn.  I've been to a wedding there and felt like the only downside is that it was really bright and the lighting didn't feel that cozy.  On one hand I feel like I'll walk in if I don't get it and feel like I should have, and on the other I feel like it might just be a waste.  Any thoughts?  
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Uplighting/stony hill inn

• Options
    LolyalyssaLolyalyssa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE uplighting at any venue because its an inexpensive way to change the whole look of a room.  The only time you really notice it is when you enter and leave the room because your eyes adjust.

Also, they can make it less bright and certain colors are less bright like the blues and purples.  They can blend colors too for a certain effect.
  • Options
    NJgurl19NJgurl19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm curious to what is the charge for the uplighting?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LolyalyssaLolyalyssa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    uplighting at Stony Hill Inn can come in two ways.  Either a DJ brings it in or you hire someone like JB lighting to come and set up the lighting. 

Just make sure they are using the LED uplighting and not the canister uplighting.  The former is newer and it gets less hot and its more evenly spread light.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am gettng married also at The Stony Hill Inn and I am getting the uplighting...I wasnt sure either if I shold or not but I didn't want to regret it if I didn;t/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks all for your advice! Connor I feel the same way, worried I will regret it if I dont get it.  Are you using magic moments?  What color are you doing?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can e-mail me at htm0324@aol.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards