New Jersey
Options

Merri-Makers Reception Center/Water's Edge

Hello all.  New member here...

Has any here use Merri Makers at either Reception Center or Water's Edge?  I have heard that they are quite difficult to deal with and can be quite nasty, but would like to get other opinions before I take just one person's word.  Also, my mother went to a wedding at Water's Edge a few years ago and said while it was beautiful, it was so close to the beach that you could see everything going on and the beach-goers can see everything going on with your wedding.  I personally don't know if I care if other people see what's going, but I would love to hear some other thoughts on it.  Thanks!
Anniversary

Re: Merri-Makers Reception Center/Water's Edge

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I visited there and felt the people were really nice. It wasn't the right place for me, but I've only heard good things :) YES people will see what is going on during your wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello,
    I actually went there is this weekend to look there for my wedding.  I spoke with a woman named Sally and she was very nice and helpful.  I have heard mixed reviews regarding their food though.  I was not too impressed with that aspect.  The other thing I noticed was that things were a little run down (ie. things needed to be re-painted, the outdoor balconies needed to be re-sanded, and there was a decent amount of rust around the doors and windows). They may be getting to all of that before the spring/summer but they were my findings.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the reception center and they've been very nice - you do need to chase them a bit but they've been accomodating and very easy-going. We picked it after a good friend of ours had their wedding there, and they were fantastic working with her as well. I remember the food being good at hers and we are doing our own tasting in a few weeks, so hopefully that hasn't changed in a year. The Reception center also just redid their bathrooms and it looks great. Sorry, don't have much feedback on Water's Edge, never been.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FYI- Water's Edge has a bridal show this Sunday (3/14) which might be a good chance for you to go look and taste some of their food. My friend had her wedding at Water's Edge and another is going to soon and they spoke nothing but the best about them.
    *~allie~*

• Options
    shortee426shortee426 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your input ladies!
    @akmackay...I will be out of town this weekend, but I will let my mother know in case she wants to go check it out.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    ejeyeejeye member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have any personal experience with either venue, but a close co-worker's niece got married at Water's Edge & everything that I have heard about the place from them is positive.  It seems like a great venue!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    dandb925dandb925 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Water's Edge at the end of September. I really wanted my ceremony to be on the beach, and they were able to give us the best deal (we looked at the Breakers, Windows on the Water, and the White Sands).

Sally is our consultant and so far I have no complaints. Everytime I call there, the people are always friendly and helpful. After the economy tanked, we were even able to book the reduced rate although we already signed a contract with them.

I've heard mixed things about the food and yes the decor is a little run-down, but overall we think it's a great venue. We went to a bridal show there with our moms and I didn't eat a lot, but the food I had was good.

If you have any questions, let me know!
  • Options
    Becky2011Becky2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been to a wedding there and thought it was really nice... hmm a beach wedding! Since my wedding is in October though it won't be on the beach :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards