New Jersey
Options

bathroom baskets

What should I put in them? Any suggestions? Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: bathroom baskets

• Options
    hcer0708hcer0708 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    advil, spray deodorant, bobby pins
  • Options
    smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Feminine products! Body spray, hair ties, tissues
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    JulepheniaJulephenia member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lotion!

I was just at a wedding and they had kindly put lotion out. I always need lotion for my hands, but couldn't fit it into my clutch. I would put out scent-free kind, though.
  • Options
    Danes983Danes983 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Breath mints or gum!
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Feminine products and Molton Brown lotion were already in the bathrooms so we didn't do those.

For everything else, I played the "what am I annoyed to forget when I go out at night?" game.  We put out hair elastics, little single use lip glosses, Hello Kitty band-aids (matched our wedding colors), hair glossing spray (it was summer, figured people may have the frizzies), blotting papers, Tide to Go, Shout wipes, gum, mints, and Tylenol.

Here is probably the most insane list I've seen, in case you're looking for inspiration: http://myinitialsaremom.blogspot.com/2008/10/bathroom-baskets.html

We skipped a lot of the stuff that is on typical lists though because it seemed not for our crowd (besides bridal party, no-one had hair that needed bobby pins; Paulie D was not invited so nobody was going to have a hair gel situation); out of date (do enough people wear pantyhose that they need a spare pair or clear nail polish?  I'm sure they could just take them off if the rip is big enough); like a false emergency (nail polish remover wipes, makeup remover); or undesirable (are my guests really not going to wear enough deodorant to last the night?  is the food bad enough or are the guests gluttonous enough that they need Pepto Bismol or Tums?)

Strangely, all of the Hello Kitty band-aids (a whole box of them) were gone by the end of the night.  I'm guessing people took them for home though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    baby wipes.
    clear nail polish (for runs in stockings) (do people even wear stockings anymore?)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards