New Jersey

North Jersey DJ

Hi!! Just got engaged and not getting married till June of 2014 but I figured why not start planning now!

Can anybody  recommend a good DJ that I can afford? Thanks ladies!

Re: North Jersey DJ

• Congrats on your engagement! What is your budget for a DJ?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm using Chuck Russo because he's done my friend's wedding as well as 2 other people I know so I felt very comfortable with him.  He plays exactly what you want and is not one of those obnoxious in your face DJs.  Not sure what your budget is, but if you share with us I can tell you if he's in your range.  I'm also using his son, a classic guitarist, for our outdoor ceremony.
  • Im looking to spend around $1800-$2000. Thanks ladies!
  • musicaunion.com  I have been to a few parties they have worked and they will keep you dancing and having a great time
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_north-jersey-dj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:ba793741-4790-4f61-a8b5-7f31f5688591Post:4ec0e489-61d0-4188-8233-89188eadcbe1">Re: North Jersey DJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]Im looking to spend around $1800-$2000. Thanks ladies!
    Posted by JS&BF614[/QUOTE]

I'm paying $1295 for Chuck, but that's only for the reception (not cocktail hour), so it will be 4 hours total.  I think for cocktail hour and reception he told me $1695 or somewhere in that ball park. 
  • We used Brian from VenueAudio. They are in your price range. Think it was 1600-1800 for cocktail and reception with up-lighting. They were really good. The pros are good if you are trying to get everything at once too. Good luck!

• I'm looking too!! I would love to find someone who just reads the group and plays good music, plus has a wide variety (we like all kinds) and doesn't really say much. So, someone who doesn't do the MC part of it - we won't have a wedding party, and there won't really be much to "introduce." My budget is in the same range.
  • We're using Premium Entertainment in Butler, NJ.  We have a DJ and MC for the reception (we don't need him for the cocktail hour but it would have been included.  We're not doing any uplighting (I dont think, we may add it on later...but it would only be like $300 to do so).  Our price is $1399.  We met with Anthony and thought he was great.  he was on the same page as far as our music taste and he wont play any of those forced group dance.....no electric slide or any of that haha.  I mean, he would, I'm sure, if we wanted him to...but we don't.  His price was very good.  The other DJ I was going to meet with (I canceled after I met with Anthony) was going to start at about $1600 and that was JUST for a DJ...nothing extra.  And the guy I was emailing was incredibly rude.  I emailed him and told him (like a week in advance) that I was going to have to cancel the appointment and that I found someone that we are going to work with.  I apologized and thanked him anyway.  He emailed me back and said "What, so I don't even get a chance?? lol".  Real professional.  That was Elite Sound in Saddle Brook.  They have a nice website though.  :) hahaha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • JS and Lynn. I sent you guys a PM
  • Bob Albrecht from Fantasy Productions.  We're paying $1295 for reception and cocktail hour for him and an assistant.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Highly recommend Paul Anthony Entertainment. He is in that range and does exactly what PPs have described. We loved him, and several guests at our wedding have since booked him for theirs. He also did our ceremony music and uplighting.
  • Gemini in Wayne !! Great to work with and in my opinion you get a lot for your money !
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 192 Invited image
    65 Are ready to party! image
    4 Are party poopers! image
    123 Have me stalking the mailbox.image
  • Danny C Entertainment... hands down!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_north-jersey-dj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:ba793741-4790-4f61-a8b5-7f31f5688591Post:1fd76488-e315-4302-90c2-96a5774efe88">Re: North Jersey DJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]Danny C Entertainment... hands down!
    Posted by Shan1214[/QUOTE]

This we just had Danny C for our wedding 2 weeks ago he is amazing!!
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_north-jersey-dj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:ba793741-4790-4f61-a8b5-7f31f5688591Post:299a1ab8-5eba-4742-a5b8-d7fcc9067a1d">Re: North Jersey DJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: North Jersey DJ : This we just had Danny C for our wedding 2 weeks ago he is amazing!!
    Posted by LADY324[/QUOTE]

<div>Agreed :)</div><div>
    </div><div>BTW Lady, did you AW your wedding yet???</div>
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_north-jersey-dj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:ba793741-4790-4f61-a8b5-7f31f5688591Post:d7154784-1db3-4db4-afad-73660a5f9dc0">Re: North Jersey DJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: North Jersey DJ : Agreed :) BTW Lady, did you AW your wedding yet???
    Posted by kristen8040[/QUOTE]

no but I will now :)  How are you doing? 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_north-jersey-dj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:ba793741-4790-4f61-a8b5-7f31f5688591Post:b78d9874-dbc7-474d-b3b7-134a1b6e7fba">Re: North Jersey DJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: North Jersey DJ : no but I will now :)  How are you doing? 

<div>Just saw your post, you guys looked AMAZING! Loved the pic with Danny C, I totally forgot to get one with him!  And thanks for asking, pretty good, just trying to stay out of the heat :)</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_north-jersey-dj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:ba793741-4790-4f61-a8b5-7f31f5688591Post:8441c87a-8e9b-4a2b-a24e-76dacf3c834e">Re: North Jersey DJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: North Jersey DJ : Just saw your post, you guys looked AMAZING! Loved the pic with Danny C, I totally forgot to get one with him!  And thanks for asking, pretty good, just trying to stay out of the heat :)
    Posted by kristen8040[/QUOTE]

how are you feeling?  Are you getting ready for the baby?
  • kristen8040kristen8040 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_north-jersey-dj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:ba793741-4790-4f61-a8b5-7f31f5688591Post:a6b637cb-1a1a-4c61-85b4-8048fafeb1d8">Re: North Jersey DJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: North Jersey DJ : how are you feeling?  Are you getting ready for the baby?

<div>We're getting there, slowly but surely!  We found out it was a boy, which is just icing on top of the cake to having a healthy baby :)</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_north-jersey-dj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:ba793741-4790-4f61-a8b5-7f31f5688591Post:1fd76488-e315-4302-90c2-96a5774efe88">Re: North Jersey DJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]Danny C Entertainment... hands down!
    Posted by Shan1214[/QUOTE]

I've heard Danny C was reasonable and our venue recommended him.  But I was never able to reach him. I left messages and sent emails and still have not heard back...and that was back in April hahaha.  I guess I must have caught him at a busy time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_north-jersey-dj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:ba793741-4790-4f61-a8b5-7f31f5688591Post:bcf990ef-60f8-4b3d-b31f-069a77b82568">Re: North Jersey DJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: North Jersey DJ : I've heard Danny C was reasonable and our venue recommended him.  <strong>But I was never able to reach him. I left messages and sent emails and still have not heard back</strong>...and that was back in April hahaha.  I guess I must have caught him at a busy time.
    Posted by shannyb41[/QUOTE]

Had this same issue with him as well.  He did eventually get back to us, but it was so far after our initial contact that his reliability reputation with me was already tarnished.   We went with someone else instead.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards