New Jersey
Options

Advice

I sent an invitation out to a family friend and the invitation was addressed "Mr & Mrs..." It did not say and family. I received the RSVP back and they wrote "Mr. and Mrs and Family" Is it wrong to call them up and say that their kids were not invited? We really can't afford to add people that were not on the list. This would bring the count from 2 to 4. They are not little kids so therefore we would be paying full price. 

Re: Advice

• Options
    I know it's awkward to do so but I'd say something. I would just explain that you're really sorry but unfortunately cannot include the kids and hope that it doesn't inconvenience them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ouch! thats tough... altho its politically incorrect/wrong for them to in a way ADD guests, but if that were to happen to me, I guess I would have to suck it up and allow them to bring their children...it really depends..

how close are you with the person? is this something you can discuss with them? can you call him/her up and say "hey no offense but i really have limited room (dont say bc of $$$, say bc of occupancy or something) if not, there really is no choice...
  • Options
    sh228955sh228955 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited August 2012
    I agree with gina613.  It is uncomfortable, but to be honest it was rude of them to include their family when they were not addressed on the invitation.  Just say that you are so happy they can make it, but unfortunately you are not able to include children at the wedding and you hope they can still celebrate with you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ok looks like i will have to call and let them know. i'm not close with them at all so this will be awkward for me. lol but i guess i have to do it. 
  • Options
    I would just be light-hearted about it - "we aren't having any children at the wedding but would love to have you and your husband, I'm so sorry if that wasn't clear!" something like that shouldn't be TOO awkward. People are so dense...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    205 invited image
    160 are ready to party image
    45 are missing out image
    0 can't find their mailbox image
    RSVP Deadline: October 1, 2012
  • Options
    She wrote that they are GROWN children, as in adults. That was incredibly rude of them to add their adult children to the RSVP. I would absolutely call and politely explain that you are excited that they (the parents) can come, but there is not the space for adding two people who were not on the original guest list. Is this family friend closer with your parents? If it were me and it involved a family friend that was close with my parents, I would even consider having my mom make the call - obviously it all depends on the nature of the relationship. Good luck, and so sorry you're in this position!
  • Options
    thanks everyone!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards