New Jersey
Options

Getting married in Jersey City, and I really want to take wedding pics in Central Park... but is it

Hi,

I'm getting married in Jersey City and I'm planning to take my photos before the wedding. We love the idea of taking our pics around some of the iconic bridges in Central Park, but I'm debating it if will be too difficult. It's a 20 minutes drive, which isn't terrible... but then there is parking... 

Have any Jersey City brides pulled this off? Or is it just an idea that isn't feasible? :-(

Thanks!

Re: Getting married in Jersey City, and I really want to take wedding pics in Central Park... but is it

• Options
    Honestly it's too risky.  It's a 20 minute drive with no traffic.  That never happens.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    You're probably right...  Thanks for your input! So my next question is, what scenic outdoor locations in jersey city do people suggest for wedding photos that will be easy to get to? 
  • Options
    You can go downtown bye the water and take photos of the NYC skyline.  Or come to Hoboken and do the same.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Liberty state park is right in Jersey city!
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_getting-married-in-jersey-city-and-i-really-want-to-take-wedding-pics-in-central-park-but-is-it-too-much-trouble?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:bc2d7d71-9fea-459e-86ac-cd0e1f6fcbfcPost:d10626b6-00aa-494e-aec2-35ddac3c2a85">Re: Getting married in Jersey City, and I really want to take wedding pics in Central Park... but is it too much trouble?</a>:
    [QUOTE]You can go downtown bye the water and take photos of the NYC skyline.  Or come to Hoboken and do the same.
    Posted by HobokenBride2012[/QUOTE]
    DItto<div>
    </div><div>Jersey City to Central Park is not 20 minutes. Don't let the GPS lie. Maybe on Sunday at 3am, but not when everyone is awake.</div>
  • Options
    We took our NYC pics the day after our wedding and it worked out great for us.

The walkway between Jersey City/Hoboken at Newport on the waterfront may be an option. 
  • Options
    Definitely anywhere by the waterfront.  There's that park by where the Colgate clock is.  I believe the ferry terminal is near there.  You'd get some great views of NYC from around that area.  Not sure how much time you've alotted for pics, but my FI used to live in Weehawken, and the view from the top of the cliff along Kennedy Blvd is amazing.  We used to see wedding pics being done all the time there.  
    Anniversary Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Thanks for the information! These cliffs sound promising! Where are they exactly?

Thanks!
  • Options
    They're on Boulevard East in Weehawken. I don't know the exact address, or if there's a name....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_getting-married-in-jersey-city-and-i-really-want-to-take-wedding-pics-in-central-park-but-is-it-too-much-trouble?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:bc2d7d71-9fea-459e-86ac-cd0e1f6fcbfcPost:58d21b3a-6e66-4ba8-8e5e-56b994a4abd2">Re: Getting married in Jersey City, and I really want to take wedding pics in Central Park... but is it too much trouble?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the information! These cliffs sound promising! Where are they exactly? Thanks!
    Posted by Jacquin27[/QUOTE]
    Put this spot into your GPS: Hudson Place and J. F. Kennedy Blvd, Weehawken, NJ 07086. That brings you to the beginning of the long stretch of Blvd E. There is a long park there with benches. If you keep driving down, you'll see a white/silver gazebo that people often take pictures at. At the same spot, there are stairs where you can walk down & take more pics below.<div>
    </div><div>Since this is a public spot that doesn't require a permit, it is VERY popular for pictures, especially during the warmer months. When I was a BM in a wedding 6 years ago, we went there for pics & had to wait about 15 minutes to get in the spot because a Quinceanera was there. There were also a few other bridal parties. The view of NYC is beautiful, but like anywhere else, it is based on the weather. If it's cloudy, you won't see much. </div>
  • Options
    That's just what I needed rlavach! Thanks a lot!!!

• Options
    YOu can go to Liberty state park, in Jersey city, or Frank SInatra park in hoboken, or you could go to the parks in Weehawkin, Edgewater or even West New York for the skyline
  • Options
    i agree with the PPs.  I am also getting married in JC and will either go to Liberty State Park or the one in Weekhawkin.  the views from both parks of the city is amazing
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    There's a park by Claara Mass hospital the one where Nanina's in the park is located.  That is very nice. 

If you really want to go NYC pictures you will need to take them on a differernt day.  Depending on what time your wedding is, you may be able to do pictures in the morning before your ceremony & then come back but until you have about a 4 hour window for this, don't risk it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards