North Carolina
Options

A little family venting...guest list explosion

Hey Ladies:

I'm sure that many of you have gone through this, or at least read about it on theknot before.  Regardless, I wanted to just vent a little bit to fellow brides to be, since my friends should only have to listen to my wedding stuff so many hours a day!

My parents are very generously helping my fiance and I to pay for our wedding in Raleigh.  However, my mom sees our wedding as the opportunity for her to try and make amends on behalf of my grandmother with her step-sisters.  I never grew up near the step-aunts and I have no relationship with them.  I honestly could not pick them out of a lineup.  I can appreciate that she wants to be able to have "her people" at the wedding, but the immediate family and parental friend count is up to 150 guests!!   Fiance and I wanted to invite no more than 200, but we're WAY past that now.

I'm trying to tread the line between allowing them to invite who they want because they are helping to pay while maintaining some control over our wedding.

Not sure if there's any actual advice to give on this, but I appreciate you listening.

Maureen
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards