New Jersey
Options

Vistaprint- Disappointed :-(

I had Thank You cards made up through Vistaprint using our engagement pics in advance of my surpise shower so that I'd have them handy to send out after my shower (whenever it may be).  I just got them today and I HATE the quality of the cards.  I did the free matte finish option, which I though just meant it wouldn't have a shiny finish.  These cards look like they were printed on cardstock on someone's computer.  Seriously, I'm embarassed to send them out they are so crappy looking.

I am planning to call Vistaprint tomorrow to complain. Even if they don't do anything about it, I want them to know how disapointed I am.  What has other's experience with Vistaprint been?  Had I known this is what the free option looked like of course I would have upgraded to a nicer paper quality.
Anniversary Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com

Re: Vistaprint- Disappointed :-(

• Options
    What did you expect from a cheap place like Vistaprint? Some things are free or cheap for a reason.
  • Options
    Sorry that you were disappointed in them. 

Vista Print does have a reputation of being cheap; not just in price but in quality.
  • Options
    I have gotten invites from them and have been nothing but satisfied.  But i did do the glossy on those.  I ordered busines cards however, and wasnt as happy bc they were matt.  Maybe they will resend glossy for you?
  • Options
    I have done VP as well a couple times and have been very please. We did upgrade the finish however. I have read on the DIY boards that the costumer service seems to be very good in responding to issues, so hopefully you can reorder? I've been pleased though so I don't have first hand experience with them. Sorry and I hope it works out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    KMaskerKMasker member
    First Comment
    I ordered my Save the Dates from Vistia and they got lost in the mail! I called customer service and without even having to ask they redid them for me and I had them the next day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    rlavachrlavach member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    Did you order the free bridal kit first so that you can take a look at the finishes and see which you prefer? That’s what we did & while I don’t’ think the regular matte is terrible, I felt that the linen finish was much better and only a few dollars more. That’s what we went with for our invitations & was very satisfied with the results. I think a lot of people get disappointed with VP because they don’t do their research first. Like PP mentioned, contact their customer service dept and voice your disappointment. Ask if the paper can be upgraded. They will most likely do it to keep you happy. 
  • Options
    shoebieshoebie member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I have never had a problem with Vp and I have ordered many things.
  • Options
    mrsR12mrsR12 member
    First Comment
    I would say call them.  we ordered our std from them, a few got bend in transit, i called and they mailed me 25 of them free of charge.  got those a few days after the call.  their customer service was good.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Best customer service ever. I did not like my menus and they put a credit to my account for the full amount so that I could reorder then on different paper. Definitely call. I was prepared to argue and didn't even have to lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    agu101agu101 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Thanks everyone!  I called Vistaprint and they did in fact offer to reprint them.  All I had to do was pay for the difference in price for the better quality paper.  Good to know they have great customer service!
    Anniversary Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com
  • Options
    rlavach- where did you find the free bridal kit?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oops, nevermind- I found it :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    rlavachrlavach member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_vistaprint-disappointed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:bebe921c-a8d3-4512-b991-30cef6d7940aPost:84d63151-bd0d-4b42-9e70-3068997673c7">Re: Vistaprint- Disappointed :-(</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oops, nevermind- I found it :)
    Posted by blueikaos[/QUOTE]
    Yey! Yeah, it was definitely nice to see & feel the paper yourself, rather than base your decision off of what others have experienced. I'm so excited for my TY cards to come in! :)
  • Options
    I absolutely love Vistaprint, I have used them several times for invitations and business cards and even intend on using them for our wedding invites.

Great customer service as well.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    They have excellent customer service and will anything they can to make it right for you but ask for the preview kit first so you are aware of the different finishes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards