New Jersey
Options

Nice NJ Venues (no ugly carpeting and gawdy decor)

Hi!

I am having toruble finding a venue for a spring 2014 wedding. I started my search, but am having trouble finding a pretty venue that isn't an over-the-top ballroom with ugly carpet/wallpaper and dated decor. I'm thinking of a beach/rustic look, but am pretty open. All NJ location suggestions are welcome. I live in Hoboken but am willing to travel for a spot that isn't the same old tired wedding hall.
Thanks!!!

Re: Nice NJ Venues (no ugly carpeting and gawdy decor)

• Options
    Did you look at Liberty House and Stone House? They are both owned by the same people and may have the look you want. I'm not too familiar with the venues near the shore nor do I know your budget but Clark's Landing is also a place I see recommended often.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    This is EXACTLY my problem with the venue search! Lots of ugly carpets and window coverings.

I actually started a thread on the topic a couple days ago - Unique Venue Ideas - which some of the responses might be helpful to you too.
  • Options
    I would highly recommend Clarks Landing Yacht Club in Point Pleasant.  I was married there last month and everything was beyond perfect.  It is a relatively new venue, built in 2009, so there is nothing shabby about it.

Also, not sure what your budget is, but Bonnet Island Estate in LBI is also supposed to be beautiful.  It is owned by Weddings of Distinction NJ, which has a few beachy venues.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_nice-nj-venues-no-ugly-carpeting-and-gawdy-decor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:c06c1302-c0c1-46e6-a16d-e17b7d22555dPost:64b90490-e247-471d-b85c-4e18de0b5917">Re: Nice NJ Venues (no ugly carpeting and gawdy decor)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would highly recommend Clarks Landing Yacht Club in Point Pleasant.  I was married there last month and everything was beyond perfect.  It is a relatively new venue, built in 2009, so there is nothing shabby about it. Also, not sure what your budget is, but Bonnet Island Estate in LBI is also supposed to be beautiful.  It is owned by Weddings of Distinction NJ, which has a few beachy venues.
    Posted by sh228955[/QUOTE]

<div>Second Clarks Landing!  My wedding was amazing and I also never wanted to have a typical ballroom type wedding.  The service they provide is unbelievable!</div>
    Anniversary Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com
  • Options
    I'm out in northwestern NJ, but we have some golf courses out here that do weddings beautifully and tastefully:  Crystal Springs, Black Bear, Ballyowen, Farmstead, etc.
  • Options
    I hated the ugly carpet too!!  Haha - I was pretty much refusing to have my wedding at a banquet hall because of it.  Crystal Springs is awesome - definately check it out.  I didn't get to visit Stone House in person b/c they were out of my price range, but it really looked nice. 

If you are interested in looking at a different styled banquet hall try Westmount Country Club (it really isn't a country club).  The place is gorgeous and made me do a complete 360 on my "rustic" idea.  It has a more modern appeal and they are always updating the interior to keep it new.  

• Options
    I went to a wedding reception at the Stone House in Sterling Ridge this past September. It was upscale rustic and very pretty. The cocktail hour was unbelievable amount of food and was delicious. Overall it was a very nice experience. From what I've heard it's pretty pricey, but definitely worth checking out. It's about 40ish minutes from Bergen County. 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Not sure what your budget is, but as someone above mentioned...Liberty House.  Has amazing views of the city, no ugly carpteting, and lofted celings...you do not at all feel like you are in a banquet hall (which is what me and my fiancee were looking for)
  • Options
    Def check out Brooklake Country Club, no ugly carpeting...a beautiful venue!
  • Options
    I got married at the Stone House in October and I highly recommend it.  The cocktail space and ballroom are absolutely beautiful - definitely a rustic feel, and floor to ceiling windows, which I loved. The food and the service were fantastic.  The cockail hour was an astounding amount of food and started the night off right.  You can negotiate with them on price as well as upgrades.  It is definitely worth checking out!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I have been to Stone House for weddings and the cocktail is great, but food for dinner was not that good.  The meat was dry -- salads and pasta were flavorless.  I asked for a glass of wine at our table, that was not the chardonney sitting in the middle of the table, and the server told me to get up and get it from the bar.  Not cool.

We got married at the Liberty House in Oct and it was awesome.  I know they have the same owners, but the service and food were much better at LH.  No ugly carpets!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Park Savoy! If you are into a beautiful, mansion type of feel. :-) Beautiful, tasteful and elegant without being gaudy (lots of neutral colors).
    Valerie512
  • Options
    Second Park Savoy - it is beyond anything I ever expected for a wedding reception!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_nice-nj-venues-no-ugly-carpeting-and-gawdy-decor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:c06c1302-c0c1-46e6-a16d-e17b7d22555dPost:c20d8e5c-6cc6-497c-a22c-cb526748c7bc">Nice NJ Venues (no ugly carpeting and gawdy decor)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi! I am having toruble finding a venue for a spring 2014 wedding. I started my search, but am having trouble finding a pretty venue that isn't an over-the-top ballroom with ugly carpet/wallpaper and dated decor. I'm thinking of a beach/rustic look, but am pretty open. All NJ location suggestions are welcome. I live in Hoboken but am willing to travel for a spot that isn't the same old tired wedding hall. Thanks!!!
    Posted by cdowd12[/QUOTE]

I also wanted something different - I chose for my Sept 1 wedding The Indian Trail Club in Franklin Lakes.  Sits on beautiful lake, reception is outside under large covered patio area overlooking lake.  Then the room for dinner is small, fresh off white with wood dance floor and simple print drapes, with wall of atrium doors to see lake.  Very simple, but very elegant at same time.  Great people to work with too!  (Also has "Gatekeeper" at entrance to parking lot.  You won't be dissapointed.  Kind of like a "Martha Stewart" laid back venue. Good Luck. (website does not do any justice though!)
  • Options
    I'm getting married at the Park Avenue Club in Florham Park.  It's beautiful, and they have great food.  Definitely not a typical banquet hall.
  • Options
    I'm getting married at the Park Avenue Club in Florham Park.  It's beautiful, and they have great food.  Definitely not a typical banquet hall.
  • Options
    You should check out the Bonnet Island Estate in Manahawkin, NJ. It's very rustic and right on the ocean.

http://www.bonnetislandestate.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards