North Carolina

NCBride Bio / Venue Info

I have a lot of venue information for places in Burlington/Chapel Hill/Durham that I collected in a spreadsheet while we were searching for our venue. 

I'd love to share this info as I know how much work and how frustrating it is just to get some info on Ceremony/reception venues. 

I have links, numbers, prices, notes (like no music after 11 for some) etc. I also have some of the PDF's that they sent me via email. 
Is there a way we can make some kind of venue Cheat Sheet for us NC girls??

Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~Douglas Adams

Re: NCBride Bio / Venue Info

• pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think this could work as a Google doc.  It's possible to share a google doc with either read-only or change access.  It could be a good way to get info out there for venues and other vendors even if someone doesn't have a review to post. 
  • TinyTRex321TinyTRex321 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A google doc spreadsheet is a good idea. I definently have a lot of information I could add to there.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    oh my gosh this would be SOOOO helpful! I am having such a hard time. we thought we found a venue and now we're having second thoughts, so this would really help. thank you for offering to share it!
    edited December 2011
    Since there seems to be some interest in a shared spreadsheet, I'm going to start putting together a google doc for this.  I'm at lunch right now, so it probably won't be ready to share until this evening.  If you have info you'd like to add to the spreadsheet, you can go ahead and e-mail it to me and I'll get it added.  My e-mail address is my username at gmail.  Attaching an existing file to an e-mail is fine. 

I see this as a master list of venues and vendors that we have researched, regardless of whether we have any experience with the vendor or venue.  What do y'all think?  This could be something to share when someone says "I can't find a videographer in the Charolotte area!" or similar. 

ETA: Let's give this a try.  Click here: https://sites.google.com/site/ncbrides/vendor-and-venue-info-doc and see if you can click on the document to view it.  It's pretty empty right now except for the headings.  Any and all suggestions for format or fields you'd like are welcome and appreciated.  If you have info to add, please e-mail me (address listed above) even if you don't have all of the fields, let's try getting this started.
  • TinyTRex321TinyTRex321 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That looks really good! I have a bunch of info that I have started to compile and will do more tomorrow. I have to go back through my "wedding" folder in my e-mail. I'll send it to you hopefully tomorrow.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I think the spreadsheet is a great idea. Did you just make the nc bride google site? It looks great.
    edited December 2011
    No, the google site has been around about a year.  It kind of died out when the girl who made it became a vendor and left the boards.  I think Meredith may have the info for giving people rights to add stuff to it? Maybe she'll chime in ;)

I figured it was as good a place as any to put the spreadsheet.

• JBritneyBugJBritneyBug member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I emailed you the info that I have, hope it helps!! 

Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~Douglas Adams
  • edited December 2011
    that sounds awesome... I am getting married in Henderson... Do you know anything about that area?
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_ncbride-bio-venue-info?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:7777da5b-0ac8-4191-a1d5-cea43f9d70bcPost:a070711b-6c21-4ab9-b869-c0e734fdd9c7">Re: NCBride Bio / Venue Info</a>:
    [QUOTE]that sounds awesome... I am getting married in Henderson... Do you know anything about that area?
    Posted by angiep49[/QUOTE]

Not personally.  Where in Henderson are you getting married?  Any info you'd like to share for the list?
  • edited December 2011
    Can the link to the spreadsheet please be made a sticky?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards