New Jersey
Options

Makeup Trials- $ tips?

I am going through my makeup trials in the next few weeks and was just wondering if and how much all of you tipped the makeup artist? I am sure they expect a tip since they are doing a service.. but how much is sufficient? I guess it depends if you like what they do too!

Re: Makeup Trials- $ tips?

• Options
    Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My trial was $100 for an hour of work, I did not tip, $100 is sufficient.  I will tip at the ceremony.
  • Options
    MyeMye
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i did not tip for the trial, its her own business

for the wedding I wasnt going to tip either, but I was so pleased with her work I gave her $20
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Personally I feel the opposite, I tipped after the trial because I want her to take care of me on my big day. On the big day, I may give a smaller tip because its all over after that.
  • Options
    Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My trial was $75.  I tipped her $15 and she is one of the owners.

I know people say not to tip owners, but I am typically generous and didn't feel right not tipping.  Plus the girl leaving ahead of me tipped her also I noticed so I felt better about my decision.

However, though this is unrelated, I probably would not tip the photog or owners of other fields.  For hair and makeup, I have no qualms tipping.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I always go into it saying I won't tip since it's their own business, but years of tipping is just burned into my head. I feel like a jerk if I don't even though in my mind I don't feel that it's expected. I went into both my trails saying I wasn't going to tip and tipped anyways. I don't think day of I will tip though, as my make up girl is making A LOT of money and it's hers, not like she is paying out to a salon or anything.
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I didn't tip at the trial but I tipped on the day-of.
  • Options
    DandT1206DandT1206 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my trial was $45, so I gave her a total of $50.  I felt bad not tipping, especially since I was pretty sure I was going to use her the day of the wedding. I didn't want to give a big tip either, so I just gave her the $50 bill and let her keep the change.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Danes983Danes983 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My trial was $50 I didnt tip. It was me and 2 other BM. She maid $150 for 2 hours of work.  No tip needed IMO.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards