New Jersey
Options

Any Other Budget Friendly Florist?

AW Florist and Floral Expressions are already booked! Any feedback on Morningside Greenhouse in Haledon? Budget is for 13 tables, six BM, bridal bouquet, church, 4 corsages, boutonnieres... My venue's florist is Precious Petals Too.  Thank you!

Re: Any Other Budget Friendly Florist?

• Options
    What would you consider budget-friendly? Could be $1000 or, since this is a NJ board, could be $10,000?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_any-other-budget-friendly-florist?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:c702b323-ae1c-4b16-b540-3a78e3ab42dbPost:8d437515-6ce7-485b-84bb-6ff0acc39dbb">Re: Any Other Budget Friendly Florist?</a>:
    [QUOTE]What would you consider budget-friendly? Could be $1000 or, since this is a NJ board, could be $10,000?
    Posted by AndreaJulia[/QUOTE]<div>$1500-2000</div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    I have friends who used Morningside.  They loved it.  I went for a consult there but was having difficulty communicating exactly what I wanted with them.  I went with paying a little more to ensure that I was getting what I want.  My florist is great.  I gave her my budget and she told me what she could do from there to keep me in budget.  I am using The Floral Gallery in Chester.  Her name is Cindy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would try Touch of Elegance. They gave me a price that was pretty good for all the complicated stuff we wanted. It was higher than $2000, but based on a comparison of them vs. other florists we met for the same items, I think you could easily get what you want for $2000.

Like Morningside, I ended up going with someone a little pricier to get exactly what I wanted. I just really fell in love with our florist because she came to the table with some really creative, unique ideas that we would never have come up with on our own.
  • Options

Try Rohsler's Nursery in Allendale.  The owner, Robyn does weddings.  She will work with any budget.  Here is her site: http://weddingflowersbyrobyn.com/.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I used Conroy's in Morris Plains.  She worked with my budget and actually came in under.  I thought that was great as she totally could've charged me more.  I'm glad to hear Touch of Elegance was flexible - when I met with them they were really helpful and creative but really expensive.  They had great ideas - definitely call them too. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_any-other-budget-friendly-florist?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:c702b323-ae1c-4b16-b540-3a78e3ab42dbPost:c0487967-2901-4a93-a622-d00119fac07c">Re: Any Other Budget Friendly Florist?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<font color="#ff0000">I have friends who used Morningside.  They loved it.  </font>I went for a consult there but was having difficulty communicating exactly what I wanted with them.  I went with paying a little more to ensure that I was getting what I want.  My florist is great.  I gave her my budget and she told me what she could do from there to keep me in budget.  I am using The Floral Gallery in Chester.  Her name is Cindy.
    Posted by dandelionsgirl[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>What are some of the positives  (and maybe negatives) that your friends had to say about Morningside? Thanks!

</div>
  • Options
    I would say their major positive was that they were cheap and could get a lot for their money.  I just thought the guy we met with was very opinionated and I was afraid that if I wanted something that he didn't like he wouldn't do it.  For example, I want a pomander ball for the flower girl.  He pretty much told me that was a horrible idea.  That she would ruin the ball before the wedding and to do a basket with petals instead.  Then when I wanted a certain centerpiece he haid something else in mind.  I would say if flower are just about cost for you and you don't have a certain vision go ahead and use him.  If you have definite ideas about what you want I would find someone else.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_any-other-budget-friendly-florist?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:c702b323-ae1c-4b16-b540-3a78e3ab42dbPost:c0487967-2901-4a93-a622-d00119fac07c">Re: Any Other Budget Friendly Florist?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have friends who used Morningside.  They loved it.  I went for a consult there but was having difficulty communicating exactly what I wanted with them.  I went with paying a little more to ensure that I was getting what I want.  My florist is great.  I gave her my budget and she told me what she could do from there to keep me in budget.  I am using The Floral Gallery in Chester.  Her name is Cindy.
    Posted by dandelionsgirl[/QUOTE]

I am using Cindy too!!! She was spot on with what I wanted and was able to keep me in budget. She actually came way under what Metropolitan Plant Exchange quoted me. I am so excited to see how the flowers come out for the wedding.
  • Options
    Pink Dahlia in Parsippany- Kim is AWESOME and she'll work within your budget. My flowers were GORGEOUS.

www.pinkdahliaevents.com
  • Options
    We used David at Lyndhurst florist. He came within $70 of our budget.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    we used blossom and bee
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards