New Jersey
Options

Southgate Manor in Freehold Thoughts?

Hi, I'm going there tomorrow to see the place. I drove by last night and absolutely loved just the outside!

I've heard mixed reviews on having it here. I hear the owner is pushy, but a lot of places are like that.

My appointment is with Matthew.

Any knotties have any info???

Re: Southgate Manor in Freehold Thoughts?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi!
    I'm having my wedding there in May 2011. I had heard mixed reviews, but I met with Matthew and he was great. The ballroom is really nice, and the cocktail room is absolutely beautiful.  I have had a really great experience so far. Good Luck!
  • Options
    chrissy31805chrissy31805 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i will be able to let you know about it in 2 months! i have been working with chris and he has been nothing but nice and helpful. they seem accommodating and never pushy to me. i know they will try to spring the most expensive stuff on you first w/o showing you lower packages. but if that's out of your price range ask to see the other packages. i think prices are reasonable for the venue and for what they give you
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i was in a wedding at the south gate in may and it was great from my perspective, we had great service while we were up in the bridal suite and also at the reception! i don't know who the bride met with or any of the planning aspects though
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I actually met with Matt who was soooo nice.  I think he has lots of pressure from above though to push the expensive packages.  Weren't very flexible with budgeting etc.  I found they were very expensive and everything seemed to be extra.  It is pretty there and I'm sure they do a great job but I just didn't feel it was the most "bang for your buck" so to say.
    Christina : )
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Venitian in Garfield which has a really big reputation was actually more willing to work with the price which I was pretty shocked at.
    Christina : )
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at The Venetian and my sister is getting married at South Gate Manor.  So far both have been really nice to work with and both seem to have extensive cocktail hour and dessert hour menus...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    sgdc2011sgdc2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went to South Gate Manor and their packages just didn't match up with the prices. GORGEOUS ballroom, small outdoor space, our guests would have had to stand during the ceremony.  They seemed a bit cocky as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I met with Matthew several months ago.  He was a really nice guy but talked so much that we ended up being there for almost 2 hours.  They weren't willing to budge on price as someone else had said.  Also he originally told us for 125 people we could only get married on a Sunday.  When I told him I wasn't interested then all of a sudden he came back with 2 Saturday dates that they would accomodate 125 people.  It was a little weird.  Overall the place was nice but once I went to the Westmount CC I just feel in love and booked there. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    O my God,let me just tell you all. I just had the worst meeting with them, I'm still shaking!! We get there and had an appointment with Matthew. The father comes out and says "too bad you have to deal with me." then doesn't even introduce himself,  he sits me and my mother and future MIL down and is like we're very exclusive, how did you hear about us? he was insulted when i said i drove by after going to shoprite the other day. then he proceeds to tell me what his basic price is, how he was on platinum weddings and how they'll do whatever we want but they don't like to go out of their way for people..THEN, NOT EVEN KIDDING, A POLICE OFFICER SHOWED UP AND ASKED FOR HIS SON CHRIS! HE HAD PAPERWORK AND EVERYTHING. It immediately gave me the wrong impression.He gave us the worst tour ever and when he showed us a bridal suite, my mom asked where the groom and ushers would get ready and he said "are you kidding? what are you Jewish?" LIKE WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING? Good luck to the brides who are able to have their wedding here and can deal with him. The place is beautiful but this guy is a total jerk!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards